xx

i open my eyes slowly, recognizing my surroundings as the living room. i move my hand to see that it's on ethan's chest, and that i am on top of ethan. i run my hand over his right peck, feeling the soft fabric of his shirt against my palm. i turn my head, resting my chin on the middle of his chest and watch him as he sleeps soundly.

his face is puffy, his lips extra plump and slightly parted. his bangs cover his forehead, more noticeable than ever before. i lift my opposite arm from behind him, running the back of my index finger down his cheek, his stubble rough against my skin. cupping his jaw i slowly run my thumb over his plump bottom lip. just as soft as i remember, soft and smooth and incredibly delicious. i smile slightly. he looks so innocent, so vulnerable, almost child-like.

his arms are still wrapped around me, my shield against the world.

he feels like a familiar blanket, comforting, warming, welcoming. it's a feeling i'm not used, i'm used to feeling locked, held down, wrapped so tight i almost couldn't breathe.

but i can breathe.

so freely, so naturally.

the feelings i have when i am with him are something i've always yearned for. something i thought i felt with grayson but i realize now it wasn't, not at all. this is what i want. this is what i need. this is where i need to be.

right?

i shouldn't be focusing on how grayson would feel about everything i should be focusing on me. my feelings, my wants, my needs.

my safety.

i push myself up, inching closer to ethan's face. my body dragging against his, i can feel his muscles through his shirt, oh how i wished it wasn't there.

i pull up just a tad more, when i feel his hardness against me. my breath catches in my throat and i can't help but giggle. he's a nice size, a comfortable size, a more pleasurable size.

i raise my head just close enough to ethan's, to plant a small kiss on the corner of his mouth. a part of me wanted him to sleep forever, if it meant i could stay exactly where i was. i placed my head comfortably in the curve of his neck, his heartbeat against my forehead.

i let my fingers dance and slide over his chest and after a few moments he stirs awake.

"oh, well hello." his voice was deep and scratchy.

"hi." i whisper, a smile spreading across my lips.

"well that's a nice sight to wake up to, i suppose you're done hating on me?" he positions his arm behind his head, his hand resting softly on my lower back.

"i'm sorry ethan...but don't you understand...all of this coming down at once and being around gray again. it turns me into a person i don't want to be. then you treated me as if i was a child and again that was something i didn't need."

"next time i'll leave you on the ground and just tell you to get on up sunshine, that sound better?" he waited for approval. he was such an asshole. a cute one at that.

i shook my head and lifted myself off of him and onto the nearest couch cushion. ethan positioned himself in front of me, arms resting out on either side of him.

"the reason i treated you like i did is because i actually give a shit. i see you hurt and o want to help you, i want to stay by your side and make sure you're safe. i really, really care about you viv, more than grayson ever will."