Depths of Despair.

Azalea’s POV:

I froze. My biological father was there, with my sister. I ran behind Bradley.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“My dad is right there. He has my little sister. Don’t let him see me!”

“Alright, alright! Here, take my hoodie, and we can keep walking.” I nod. I put his hoodie on. It smelled like him, but that didn’t help the tears running down my face. He slung his arm around my shoulder again and we kept walking. I snuck a glance at my dad, and that was a mistake. He locked eyes with me. I immediately buried my face into Bradley’s shoulder. He wrapped his other arm around me, and started walking faster. Once we past him, I started to cry. I fell to the ground, as he and a driver took off in a black JEEP. I saw the license plate, but I could remember the numbers and letters. AXE-235. (A/N I don’t know. Random numbers, okay! ^-.-^. It looks like a cat! LOLOLOL!)

“Why was he with Elizabeth? He took Lizzy!”

“Your sister?”

“Yeah!”

“Hey, calm down. It’s going to be okay.”

“How do you know?”

“Because, you are strong, and you have your friends, and you can talk to your mom.” I shake my head and let out a whimper. He sat down next to me and held me. We stay like that for a while, until he stands up, and pulls out his hand to help me up. He wipes the tears off my face.

“Let’s go to your house, you can talk to your mom, and I’ll be with you the whole time. Okay?”

“Promise?”

“I promise.” I into his big brown eyes, and I saw a soft intensity in his eyes. Gentle, soft, caring, but intense excitement burning in them. Like a bomb about to explode. I nod, and we walk back to my house. He puts his arm around my shoulders and I lean my head on his shoulders. We get to my door. I walk in my house, pulling him with me. My mom was making dinner in the kitchen.

“Hey A. Who’s this?”

“This is Bradley. Bradley this is my mom, Annie.”

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Thompson.”

“Nice to meet you too. Oh hey, you’re the actor in that one show! Azalea had a huge crush on you for the longest time, you should’ve seen the way she screamed when she found out she was going to meet you.!”

He turns and smirks at me.

“You screamed? Huge crush on me?”

“It was more of a yell than a scream, and who wouldn’t have a crush on you?”

He starts to laugh and my mom starts to laugh as well.  

“Not why we came. Mom?”

“Yeah sweetie?”

“Where has Lizzy been lately?” Mom started to tremble. She gripped the edge of our marble counter top. A single tear slid down her face. It was at least 30 seconds I was waiting for an answer.

“Mom?”

“Your father escaped honey. He broke in a couple days ago when you were having a sleepover with Kylie.”

“WHAT?! HOW DID WE NOT HEAR ANYTHING?!”

“I don’t know. But the police are searching for him and Lizzy.”

“WE JUST SAW HIM! HE WAS RIGHT THERE! HE MADE EYE CONTACT WITH ME! THEY TOOK OFF IN A BLACK JEEP, AND-”

“Stop screaming, and calm down. Take a deep breath. Who is ‘they’?” I took a deep breath. Bradley reaches down, and takes my hand, and gives it a firm squeeze. I instantly feel calmer and warmer.

“Dad and a driver, in a black JEEP, and the license plate was AXE-235.”

“Write the license plate down, and we can call the police, okay?”

“Okay. Bradley, come with me.”

“Alright.” Bradley replies. We go into the den, and the lights are off. As I reach for the light switch, someone’s arms wrap around me, and pull me closer to them. It was Bradley. His arms were warm and strong. I wrap my arms around him as a few tears slid down my face. Bradley starts rubbing my back. I dig my face into his chest and cry.

“It’s okay. It will all be better soon, I promise.”

“How? I have to work tomorrow, and you have your show! Omigod, and I have that audition! How are we supposed to help,  and-”

Bradley pulls away, and puts a finger to my lips.

“It will all work out in the end, I promise.” He moves his finger.

“How do you know?”

“I just do.”

“But-” Bradley leans down and kisses my forehead. His lips were soft and warm, and he was very gentle, like he was touching butterfly wings. My skin got tingly, and he pulled back.

“I just do. Okay?”

“Okay.” I finally turn the lights on, and grab a pad of paper. I write down the license plate number.

“AXE-235. Got it.” We run back downstairs, and give the paper to my mom. She says ‘thank you’, and Bradley and I go into the living room after I change into my ginormous sweater and sweatpants. I turn on my favorite Disney movie. The original Sleeping Beauty. I loved this movie ever since I was a kid. Bradley and I got a whole bunch of blankets and pillows and set them on the floor. He dimmed the lights while I sat down and the movie started. I sat down next to him, and he covered us with a blanket. He put his arm around me and I snuggled into his shoulder. After a while, I realized our position, and I giggled. He chuckled, and his shoulder moved and tickled my face.

“What are you laughing at?”

“You don’t strike me as the snuggling type.”

“I like surprising people.” He leans down and kisses my forehead. I shiver, and snuggle against him. I wrap my arms around his waist, and he puts his other arm around me. I breathe in the smell of his cologne, which oddly smelled like pine, but I loved it. I closed my eyes, and leaned my head onto his lap. He laughs, and grabs a different blanket and wraps it around me. He starts to stroke my hair, and run his fingers through it gently. I close my eyes and listen to his breathing, and the movie. Suddenly, he speaks, and breaks the comfortable silence.  

“You’ll be okay right?”

“Mmmm.” I smile up at him.  

“I’ll be here this entire time. They sent the script. I can help you practice.”

“Okay, fine. But please let me sleep.”

“Right here, on my lap?” He smiles down at me. His hands, I noticed, never left my hair.

“Please?”

“Fine, but on one condition.”

“Yeah?”

“Will you go on a date with me?” I start to blush horribly.

“Yeah. Sure. When and where?”

“Boardwalk, tomorrow night, I’ll pick you up at 7?”

“Sure.” I smile at him, and he lifts my face and kisses my forehead, then sets me down again.

“Go to sleep now.”

“And you won’t leave?” He strokes both my cheeks.

“No. I’m staying right here.”

I nod. And he strokes my hair until I fall asleep.