Hide and Seek.

*same pov

In the morning, Bradley and I went to the police station and dropped off the paper with the license plate number. They called us into a room, and tried to find a match to the license plate and model. They were going through the models, and each time it wasn’t right it made an annoying beeping sound.

It was at least the 30th time it beeped, I sighed in exasperation and put my head on the table. Bradley scooted his chair closer and rubbed my back.

“We’ll find them, don’t worry.”

“Uh huh.”

Suddenly the computer started making a different noise. A more annoying sound then before. OMG, SHUT THE DAMN THING OFF! I looked up and saw it flashing. Bradley’s eyes widened and got the officers. I just sat there and stared at the computer. They got back, and they asked me if that is the car I saw. I agreed. The officer shook her head.

“We thought this was going to be the car. This car was stolen from a gas station in New Jersey, and there was a car chase, but we lost it in Chicago. But we know where the car is now, because we used a specially designed camera we threw in the wheel during the chase. It’s not far from here. Do you want to come with us on the search? We want him and his partner in custody.”

“I’m going with you.” Bradley looked at me, at stood up.

“I’m going too.”

“Alright, let’s get going.”

We arrived at the place the camera said. There was a small concrete house, and there were no windows, and in the end of a long stretch of road. The police got out of the car, guns drawn. We followed. We peeked through the slightly open door, and saw my father with my uncle John, pouring steaming water on my baby sister. The room enveloped with her screams and wails. The police ran in, and held both him and my uncle at gun point, and asked them to put their hands up. They knew they had nowhere to go, so they gave in. My sister tried crawling towards me, but sat down and cried looking at her foot. Bradley and I ran to her while the other two were getting handcuffed, and I noticed that her foot was bent in the opposite direction it was supposed to be. The police used there communication devices, and called an ambulance to our location. Soon enough, they arrived, and the police told us to call my mom, and ride in the ambulance to the hospital while they dealt with my dad and uncle.

Bradley helped me onto the ambulance, and I started to cry on his shoulder. My sister saw and reached over to me.

“What is it sweetie?”

She used her hands that were scarred from what looked like to be burns, she made motions around her face. I nodded, and she smiled a half smile, and pointed to herself. I looked over at Bradley, and he was so confused. I would be too, so I explained.

“We used to play peek-a-boo all the time, and she would always make that motion and point to me, like she was saying, ‘I see you!’, or ‘I found you’. So she did that, except she pointed at herself, which means that I found her.”

He smiled, and shook his head.

“What?”

“So, it’s like hide and seek?”

“Yeah.”

“You two have a wonderful bond. I can see it already.”

I smiled, and he took my hand. I felt electricity run through my hand, like it had been zapped with lightning.

“I’m glad we found her so quickly. I mean, who knows what could’ve happened if we didn’t find her sooner!”

“I know. It’s a good thing you are so great at hide and seek.”

I laughed, and then we arrived at the hospital. I called my mom, and she said she would get there as soon as she got off of work. We admitted her, and they took her to a room, and since she was so young, they let us come inside. The doctor left, and told us he would be back. In the meantime, both Bradley and I played peek-a-boo with Lizzie. The doctor came back ten minutes later with results, and I was glad, because I was sick of playing that game. He said he had good news and bad news. Bradley took my hand, I closed my eyes, and hoped for the best.