Last Chapter! Please Read A/N at the End! I love You Guys!

Dad wasn’t dead. I knew that, but nobody else did. The day of dad’s “funeral” drew closer. They were all so dumb. They were so naïve. How could they possibly believe that he was gone? It was ridiculous. But, even still, I lay awake in my bed, waiting for tomorrow. My mom had even set out my outfit. Bradley stayed the night, and he just held me. He kept me with him all the time. I knew he was worried about me. He shouldn’t be. Dad wasn’t dead. Something warm beside me moved, making my back cold.

“Hey, are you alright?” He asked. I nodded, and turned on my shoulder to face him.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said. He touched my cheeks.

“You have dark circles underneath you beautiful green eyes.” He says in his morning voice. I take his hand.

“Really, I’m fine. I’m just waiting so I can start getting ready.” I say. It was true. The second it turned midnight, it was officially time.

“At midnight? Are you sure? Azalea, you don’t seem to be handling you dad’s-..”

“He’s not dead.” I say. 11:59.

“Just another minute.” I say. I lean in, and I kiss him. I kiss him till I felt warm and awake. I open my eyes again, and I look past his shoulder.

“It’s time.” I say. I slide out of my bed, and go over to my dresser, where my outfit was laid out.

“Baby, please, get some sleep.” Bradley pleaded. I shake my head.

“I’m not tired.” I say. I started to grab my towel, because I was planning on taking a bath.

“Azalea, babe, just please rest for a while.” He asks. I roll my eyes.

“I’m fine.” I say. I walk inside my bathroom, and start running the water. I brush the knots out of my hair before I put in bubble bath stuff. I haven’t had a bath sense I was a kid. I put my hair up in a ponytail before I strip down and step into the warm water. I swear I had only been in there for a minute before Bradley walks in. I only look at him. He stares back as he takes off his shirt along with the rest of his clothes before he steps in across from me. He looks in my eyes for a while, like he was searching my soul. Tractor- beam eyes, pulling my closer to him. Finally, he spoke.

“I know your hiding from the fact the he die-..”

“He’s not dead. He’s at work. The shot went into the window, he alive.” I say. He purses his lips, and continues.

“I will go through this with you. The incident had an impact on you too. That’s the thing you can’t hide from.” He said softly. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

“I love you.” He whispered. I smile at him. I kiss his nose. He wrinkles it and smiles as I do so.

“I love you too.” I whisper back. I don’t know how long we were there for, but he made me feel happier than I had these past few days. The incident did affect me. I blacked out when the shot hit the window. I hit my head on the floor, and dad called the hospital. Once they checked me out, and said I was fine, that made it worse, because I went back with mom. And that was great and everything, except I would rather be hurt and spend more time with my dad than be fine and not see him for a few years. Nobody knows what I know about him. He’s alive.

It was 7 am when I emerged wearing my black dress, makeup done, hair curled, and shoes on. I looked ridiculous. They are wasting their money on a funeral just because they think he’s dead. He’s not. But, I decided to play along. I still got into the limo with Bradley, Mom, Luke and Kylie. They were all talking about him dying, while I sat staring out the window, rolling my eyes. “They were so dumb! They weren’t even there! They have no idea.”, I thought to myself. The entire thing was outside, in the back yard of some local church. The reception, the burial, everything was outside. The tables were already made up with food and drinks, and lights were hanging from the trees for nightfall. It was nice and all, but it was going to waste. He wasn’t dead. So, I had to endure intense boredom while the reverend and everybody else talked about him. He wasn’t dead. I knew he wasn’t. Finally, it was time for mom to speak, and she talked about their divorce, having me, their complications in raising me, what she wished she could’ve said to him. Even Bradley went up to speak.