liam imagine

{a/n this imagine is one of favorites so i hope you enjoy it as much as i do}

There are things that happen in life, some things are just unavoidable and you get hurt

There are things that happen in life, some things are just unavoidable and you get hurt. But nothing hurts more than watching the person you love fall for someone else. They always tell you it's the chances in life you don't take that your regret, but your biggest regret was letting yourself fall slowly in love with Liam Dunbar. You told yourself you weren't going to fall in love, but he made you feel less cynical and you'd always be grateful for that. What you wouldn't be grateful for is the state that you're in now, the broken pieces of your heart that sill managed to find a way to love him. And yet behind all of the pain you managed to put on a brave face and act as if you're happy for him. It's selfish but you weren't, you didn't want to see him hurt as much as you but seeing him thrive with her, was much worse.

You placed your empty coffee mug on the counter top and picked up your bag as soon as you heard a car pull into your drive. You slipped on your white converse and headed out for another long monotonous day, which is your life. You climbed into the passenger seat in silence and clipped in your seatbelt.

"Y/N," he sighed, as he did every morning. "Brett, please spare me the lecture I've had a rough night okay." you shrugged, refusing to look up.

"What did we agree on?" he patronised.

"I need to at least try to move on," you whined sadly. He noticed by the twinge in your voice, let alone the chemo signals you were giving off that you were in so much emotional pain and it killed him to know there was nothing he could do to help someone, who doesn't want to be helped.

It sounds stupid when you say it out loud; that scrolling through Liam's and Hayden's Instagram pictures was enough to get yourself crying to sleep. Seeing them happy didn't make you angry or bitter, it made you feel immense melancholy.

Brett somehow managed to fill some of that void, he was your best friend and you couldn't help but feel like shit for the way you treated him. When you first started dating Liam it was fun and exciting to watch Liam get jealous and overprotective when you hung out with his natural enemy but you didn't think of how it was hurting him, being apart of a stupid game you enjoyed with love-struck eyes.

"You don't understand what it feels like," you muttered, knowing he could hear you behind all of your sadness.

"You're right I don't, but I've watched my best friend go through it for the past six months. Not only that, I've watched her wallow in her own self pity" he said truthfully.

That's not fair and you know it!" You snapped, in shock of his honesty.

You knew it yourself but you didn't want to admit it or hear someone else tell you what a complete loser you were being.