(6) text message

NOTE: There is a switch of perspectives from (Y/N) to Jin in this chapter. When that happens, I will let you know. No worries my lovelies.

💋

Your Perspective

I want to focus on her words, but my mind races to her dirtied cheeks and red frizzy hair. Sarah is back, but she is changed. Sarah is in panic and I wish to ask but don't. I focus on her hands that cling onto a USB tight under her palms, and her muddy boots that work around the tables to sit at her chair.

"5000," her lips are chapped as she speaks, "Duke is foolin' himself if he actually thinks he'd be robbin' you of that. I apologize."

I look with blank eyes to see Jin's chest heave out a breath. He is smiling huge and his eyes glint. He is excited and thrilled. I want to match his great smile but fail to as I look forward and stare at the woman's red hair again. I keep wanting to look at the USB she locks into her desk.

"Are you letting me go?" Jin asks, smirking so large.

I look back to Jin. Sweet Jin, a sweetness I had chances with for two nights in a row. There is a part of me that doesn't wish to see his back leave in the distance, but I suffocate that voice in my heart. I can't be thinking such thoughts.

"He can get a little carried away," Sarah is laughing. She sounds nervous and I'm aware with curiosity.

"Where is he right now?"

Sarah pays attention to me for the first time since I've stepped foot in her room. She is smiling now, almost as if she's just seen me for the first time. For a second, she is back being the woman I know her to be. "Now that I'm here," her voice is laced with honour, "Gone. He's only here to cover for me since I'm the boss around here, aren't I?"

I nod.

"Now, this 5000..."

"I paid what I needed, I-" Jin is happier than ever.

"You paid for the first night but I heard there was a second night?...and I'm guessing a third now? That'll be 3000."

Jin's smile falls, and I watch the beautiful sight falter.

Sarah smiles, a glint in amusement bravely present in her eyes. "Duke seems to be okay with my compromise for such a discount, be thankful." She grins, winks, and Jin isn't flushing like he was with Cya when upstairs. Instead, he is hardened, and I see the way his jaws flex from his side-profile.

"You pay me that much," Sarah waves her hands, "But I'll give you a months time since I'm nice...plus, I've got other work to worry about now than keeping track of you." I hear that and infer she is talking about the USB she just hid. I say nothing. Quieter than ever as the boss speaks.

"Am I at least freed from spending 2 weeks with her?" he asks, under anger of his situation.

I'm offended. The organ at my chest flutters to my gut and I blink away from his jaw I previously gawk at, glancing at Sarah who stares at her desk in boredom.

"Yes." Sarah speaks, twirling her fingers.

"Great." Jin is angry. His teeth are clanked together. "You'll have the money by the end of next month."

"Fantastic."

"Will Duke show again?" I finally speak.

It is as if the two finally notice me in the room. Jin softens a little beside me, but I don't look over at his kind eyes that were angry and hurting me unintentionally before. Sarah has a soft smile herself, acknowledging my question with a shake of her head. "No. I'm here...and if I leave without notice a second time, know that it would be involuntary."