(16) boner

Jin's Perspective

💋

There is so much that has happened in my life already. I owe tons of money to a terrifying brothel, Hoseok's getting married, and now Namjoon is in front of me with new news that breaks my heart. I don't understand the news, wanting to hear more, but Namjoon speaks slowly about the entire situation. The man is shaken and I can only imagine what it feels to get shot at by strangers; especially when believing to be safe.

"So, she's just gone?" I finally muster.

The man does nothing but nod and move into the hallway. Namjoon wants his alone time, he is scared and he is worried about our intern who got stuck in the crossfire as well. I don't ask him anymore questions, even though I want to.

Hoseok steps forward, about to move after the man but I shake my head, stopping him.

We're all watching him enter his room in silence. It takes a while for us to pay attention to another until we see Yoongi moving into the hallway as well.

"Yoongi I think it's best for him to be alone." I say.

"I know," he mumbles, still so distant, still so stressed, "I was going to my room."

"Hyung-" Jungkook is about to ask Yoongi what's wrong, but I stop him. I stop the maknae because I know what's wrong with Yoongi. I finally know.

He told me when I was in the bathroom stall with you. He let out his heart and trusted me even though he couldn't see my reactions to all that he said. Yoongi had shared his secrets, unleashed his worries, and then left the washroom awkwardly...I remember me being shocked, and you being quietly observant. What we had heard was life-changing...no wonder Yoongi's so stressed.

I'm now alone with the maknae-line, and Hoseok who I still have my hand on. Shifting away and starting to walk backwards towards the exit, the middle of our breaks away from each other have come – I'm excited to see you in the day light, at a coffee place, and for our second date.

"Well, you all rest up and have a nice weekend," I say, laughing and making it obvious I'm happy about having a few days to myself, "I'm going to start my days off by grabbing some food."

Then. Then the most horrid thing happens.

Taehyung asks, "Oo, can I come? I want food."

Hoseok tries to save me, seeing how my face falls when he says, "I think Jin hyung meant he wanted to go alone."

Taehyung's face moves in confusion at that. He looks like a pouting puppy when he says, "oh," realizing the uncomfortable position he just put everyone in.

I laugh. It sounds squeakier than normal. "I was just trying to start off our breaks by myself, no need to take it personal Taehyung-ah."

The boy sulks. Jimin grows worried as he peers and suggests, "One fun run wouldn't hurt right, hyung? Just take him. You've got the rest of the remaining two days to yourself." Jimin smiles delighted as he finishes.

Jungkook looks bored. He pulls crackers from his pockets as he shrugs and walks into the hallway himself. Gone, gone the maknae is when disappearing into his room.

Hoseok now leaves my side, thinking about his words when he says, "Hyung it's not like he'll be on your case the next two days right? Just take him out since you're going alone. He'll accompany you." Hoseok smiles delighted as he finishes.

I'm feeling pressure from every stare, every pout, every smile. The walls of the room seem to be caving in on me and I blurt, "Okay," really pitched and very loud.