(10) Where is Yoongi?

Jin Perspective

💋

"So they're gone?" I hear Namjoon ask. The man is smiling to himself as he slurps thick soup.

"Yes," I nod, blowing at my spoon and glancing at the rest of the boys. It comes to my attention that all of them are smiling and weirdly eyeing me. "My friends are gone back home. I won't be disappearing on you guys too often."

"Aw," Taehyung sings out, "...so no more strip clubs?"

I choke on my soup. Now I understand why all of them were staring at me eating.

"Y-Yeah," is all I can say.

They're grinning idiots on a loop. My throat clears from the swivelling of thick liquid that gushes down my esophagus. I like how it feels.

"You going to tell us what happened?" Taehyung asks again. He's the curious one the most among all.

"It's self-explanatory?" I speak out, not wanting them to question anything other than strip-club visits. If that is what they thought, that was enough. The last I want is for them to know about my visit to a brothel,
a visit that changed my life.

"Oh come on hyung," Jungkook whines, throwing a cracker out of no where. It surprises me since no one else has crackers on command.

"There is nothing to tell," I sigh out, "if anything we should be talking to Hoseok about his child, or asking Namjoon about why he's been so stressed lately." {"Accidental Father" & "Perverted Hero" references}

Namjoon's face fell. "I've been perfectly fine, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Then what about Yoongi?" I challenge, seeing the boy missing. "He's been stressed and unlike himself as well! Any clue or hint over that?" {tease for "the Marriage Assignment"}

"He has been stressed, I've noticed quite a lot," Hoseok sighs, shaking his head. "I've been so caught up with my ex and child, I haven't seen everyone else effected with their own problems..."

"I wouldn't blame you," Namjoon whispers, "There was a death at a hotel you were staying at...a boy you knew. Of course there is still room to be upset and prioritize your stress." {"Accidental Father" reference}

My eyes soften immediately at that. I look to Namjoon who seems lost in his thoughts, then I look to Hoseok. I calm down. No amount of defensive structure or want for peace of mind will have me hurt the boys. "I'm sorry for snapping."

"And I'm sorry for teasing," Taehyung sighs, seeing all his hyung's weirdly stressed about one thing or another. I could see this revelation brew in his mind, just the look on his face conceived such notions.

"No no, don't apologize." I speak fast.

Jimin comes in, his hand rubbing at Taehyung's thigh. "Hyung's right. You don't have to apologize."

Jungkook catches my attention as he speaks, "should I apologize for throwing the cracker?"

Everyone rolls their eyes. Jimin is the only one laughing, however, I'd be a liar if I didn't admit my smile.

I go back to consuming my soup.

My mind wanders a little as I look to an empty seat amongst us 6.

Where is Yoongi? I ask, not realizing that this question will repeat throughout the next month.