o n e

It was the year after the war, and Hermione granger couldn't be more excited to get back to books, studying and the normal. She lugged her luggage through the doors of the train and saw her best friend Ginny.

"Gin!" She squealed. Ginny turned and ran towards her best friend. "Oh mione! I've missed you!" She said hugging her tightly.
"I've missed you too." She whispered.

"Hey mione," Harry said bringing her into a hug. She smiled and hugged him back. Last was Ron. They both decided friendship was their best form of relationship. Hermione hugged him as well. They all sat in one compartment talking about each other's summer.

"Well, I just traveled a bit, with my parents of course. It was pretty relaxing." Hermione said following with a soft smile. She listened to their talks about random topics. She didn't know how to tell the truth about her parents. She was ashamed. It hurt thinking about it, so she stopped.

The train came to a stop, the friend group smiled and left the train to go to their true home.

+++
Hermione sat at her table, reminiscing in the feeling of her familiar home. Her friends surrounded her laughing. She smiled. This was where she was meant to be.
"Draco came back?" Ginny whispered. Hermione darted her eyes to find a bright blond smirking at his friends.

"I think its brave of him," Hermione said putting her eyes back on Ginny. Ginny shrugged, and turned to Ron.

"How dare he step a foot into this building!" Ron growled staring him dead in the eye.
"Ron, he wasn't the one who killed Fred. Forgive, Ron."
"There are many people in this world I can forgive. He's not one of them. He won't ever be." He said going back to his food. Ginny shared a weary look with Hermione.

The sorting began and Hermione dazed out thinking of many things.
Draco looked around the room to see everyone cheering, but one person was not. Hermione granger was just staring into oblivion.

"What do you reckons wrong with her?" Draco said to his best friend Blaise.
"Don't know...I've been thinking of her over the summer."
"What? Why?" Draco said shocked.
"Well, haven't you seen what she wrote about slytherins and former deatheaters?"
"No, let me guess she scolded us--"
"Draco! Not at all. She constantly stood up for us. She would speak about how we were people too, and we made mistakes. Why do you think we were allowed to come back?" He said shaking his head turning back to the ceremony. Dracos eyes turned back onto her. She was still staring into space.

"Alright! I'm going to ask everyone to leave except the 7th years," Professor Mcgonagall said waiting for all of the children to leave.
"Now, please everyone stay calm. After the war, we realized the wizarding world suffered many casualties. Due to this, the Ministry of Magic has decided to pair you up with your soulmate...and you are expected to reproduce in the next two years and marry eventually." Screams broke out just like Mcgonnagall had wished not to happen.

"There's no getting around it, I've tried my best, in front of you is a blood extractor. It will match you up with your soulmate. It could be anyone here. In any house. Again, kindly I ask for your silence. Now, go on"

Hermione pricked her finger and dropped it on the parchment. It floated to professor Mcgonnagall. Hermione watched her pick up her paper and their eyes met. She smiled but Hermione knew there was more to the story.

"Let's begin" she said reading the names of soulmates. Harry and Ginny were, no duh. Anyone could see that. After Ron nwas chosen to be with Lavendar Brown, Hermione got nervous. Who is her soulmate? Her name was called and she stood.
She held her breath, "Oh...uh...d-Draco Malfoy?" Hermiones breath wasn't let out. She actually sat back down when the entire Gryffindor table erupted in angry roars. She looked down confused on how they were soulmates.

Ginny put her hand on her shoulder and gestured her to go up. Hermione stood and walked up nervously.
"Professor, this must be a mistake." She whispered lowly.
"He hates me." She followed up.

"Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger!" Mcgonnagall said.

"Oh don't act so glum, you get to marry me."
"Shove off Malfoy."