t h r e e

Hermione woke up to a gush of coldness. She hated the cold. She saw a letter lying on her dresser. She looked to see Draco still sleeping.

She read the letter which said her and Draco have a week to themselves, as well as the other soulmates, to get to know eachother. She smiled knowing she could get more sleep.

Draco woke up to a letter sitting right next to him. After reading it he sighed. Would this week go okay? Or would it end in complete disaster?

He looked over to see Hermione still sleeping. He had to admit, she wasn't the worst looking. She definitely got better. Shaking the thought out of his head, he started to get ready.

There was another letter on the table. He sat down and picked it up.

Good morning,
I hoped you received the last letter including that you and your soulmate have a week before you start school to get to know each other. Here is a list of questions and activities you can do.
Mcgonagall

Draco put the paper down and went back to Hermione. She was still asleep.
"Uh Granger?" He whispered. She scrunched her face and stretched. She yawned then opened her eyes. Draco thought that was the cutest thing ever....no he didn't. Did he?

"What?" She said groggily.
"I'm going down to breakfast if you want to come." He said sitting on his bed.
"Mhm," she nodded, "Let me just get my shoes." She got up and put on slippers and walked to the door as he followed.

Hermione was extremely tired. She just wanted food and sleep. Remembering last night and how Draco and her sat outside for an hour looking at the stars.

They walked into the great hall and went separate ways. She saw Harry and Ginny, then Ron and Lavendar. She slowly walked towards them, but Ron stood up.

"What are you doing?" He said
"I'm going to sit and eat my breakfast." She stepped aside but he stepped in her way.
"No, I don't believe you are." He said
"Yes, I am. Now move out of the way." She said taking a step in the other direction, but again he stepped in her way.

"Ron?" Ginny said.
"She is living with a former death eater. You will not sit near me."
"Ron..why are you acting like this?" She said walking closer to him.
"Because. You don't deserve us. Now that your staying with him."
"I don't have a choice. Just like you don't." She said trying to get through to him.

"Oh well." He said. Hermione stared at him in the eyes then walked away from him and went to the slytherin table.

"Malfoy?" She said from behind him. He had been laughing with his friends.
"Uh, what is it Granger?"
"Could I sit here? Ron...kind of kicked me out from sitting there." She pointed to Ron who was staring evilly at them.

He looked around the table and his friends nodded. "I don't see why not..." he said scooting over. At first it was awkward and Hermione ate silently to herself.
"Hermione, how was your summer?" Pansy Parkinson asked.
"It wasn't too bad, and yours?"

Soon enough the group was laughing except Draco. But that was normal. He would smirk but he mostly observed how Hermione fit in with his group. Which, in fact, she almost felt like a missing piece. The entire group felt that.

Hermione excused herself saying she was going to go back up. Draco watched her leave making sure Ron didn't follow after her. He couldn't explain it.

"Wow. Never did I think that I would be friends with Hermione granger."
"So you guys like her?" Draco said.
"How could you not? She has friends in Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, but still she comes over here." Blaise said.
" I can see why you two are soulmates." Pansy said finishing her breakfast.
"And why is that?" Draco asked.

"You two have the same heart, but show love in different ways. I'm glad she's your soulmate. I think you should be too."
"She's still Granger--"
"Someone you should get to know. Your not just soulmates for no reason."

Draco nodded thinking.
"I mean, how can you not like her?" Pansy said.
"I'm afraid she won't have the same feelings."
"She will." They said in unison.

+++

Hermione was sitting in her room, thinking about how Draco Malfoy was her soulmate. She kind of let it blow over head, but now she was truly thinking about it. It was insane how they were going to have to get married. She should try to get to know him better. He walked in and she sat up.

"Granger...since we're in the situation we're in, maybe we should try to get to know eachother?" Draco said walking into their room.

"I was thinking the same thing." She said sitting up.

+++

"What's the thing you hate the most in the world?" Draco asked.
"The cold."
"The cold?"
"Yes! It's so freezing and chills my bones. When it is cold, I just turn the heat up really high." She said shivering.
"What about you?" She asked. He looked down.
"I guess...losing people? It's stupid--"
"Not at all. Can I tell you something I've never told anyone...sorry I just feel really comfortable with you right now." She said and he perked up.

"Don't apologize." He said feeling a spark in his stomach. But ignored it.

"I obliviated my parents." She said putting her face in her hands.
"Oh, okay ...did you get their memory back?" He asked not knowing what to say.
She shook her head.

"They got into a car accident and..." she looked down them up at me.
"I've never told anyone... it's like I could tell you anything. Which I know is weird." Hermione laughed it off. Draco felt this too.
The two stayed on each of their beds and talked for the rest of the day.