s e v e n

The day had finally come when school had to happen. Hermione wasn't that excited, this surprised everyone. When Draco tried to get her out of bed she wouldn't move.

"Granger, think about how lucky you are. You get to date me, the Draco Malfoy. That should be enough to give you energy to wake up every morning." He said trying to convince her to wake up.
She groaned turning over to her side.
He sighed and sat on the bed. An idea popped into his head.

"Hermione...Mcgonagall just sent a letter. Saying she hope you prepared a speech for during breakfast this morn-"

"What?" She sat straight up and got out of bed. Draco grabbed her before she went into the bathroom.
"Joking." He said smirking. Hermione rolled her eyes and started to go back to bed, but Draco stepped in front of her and wrapped his arm around her waist.
He kissed her and she put her hands on the side of his face.

"We don't have to go to classes" she said leaning her head on his chest, hugging him.

"Why don't you want to go?" He asked.
"I didn't realize how much of a reminder it is." Draco kissed the top of her head and handed her, her robes. She came out of the bathroom with them on. Draco held out his hand and she naturally took it. They walked out of their room to be greeted by Mcgonagall.

"Good Morning, Draco could I talk to you." Draco nodded squeezing Hermiones hand and let go. Hermione watched them leave, but didn't go to breakfast. Instead, she went to the astronomy tower to think.

+++

"Another letter was received." Mcgonagall said.
"What does it say?"
In the letter Draco Malfoys father said he was not only coming for Draco, but Hermione as well. In his own words...disgusting little mudblood. Draco sighed.

"So what do we do?" He asked.
"Hermione will be...sick. But we are making sure she's sick. Casting a spell on her. You can say you caught it too. You both are excused from school until he's caught. A guard will be outside your door at all times." She said and Draco nodded.

"Okay when will the spell be casted?"

"Oh it's been casted since the ball. It just took a few days to enact. She should be getting sick around now." Draco looked up at her. So why is she just letting him sit there?

"Don't tell her Draco. She doesn't need this."
Draco nodded and went off to find her. He walked into the great hall and didn't find her. He called out into the girls bathroom. Where did she go? Astronomy tower.

+++

Hermiones stomach started to burn. She stood up but barely could. She grabbed onto the wall and made her way to the stairs. She heard echoing footsteps. She was relieved to hear them. Someone would help her.

A hand grabbed onto her and everything came into focus. Draco was looking concerned at her.
"What?" She said after she heard him mumble words.

"Are you alright?" He repeated. She nodded and he held onto her as they continued down the stairs. They were pretty close to their room, but Hermione needed to get there quicker than this.

She started walking a bit faster but Draco slowed her down.
"Granger?" He said as she paled. They were so close to their room.

"Malfoy.. I don't feel good."
"I know...red" he said and their portrait opened. He helped her into their room.

"Do you have to throw up?" He asked as she sat on the bed. She shook her head. Then she got under the covers.

She held her arms gesturing for him to come lay with her. He smirked and got under the covers with her.

"Can't resist me?" He said smirking.
"Shhh. This is my favorite new feeling.." she said falling asleep. Draco agreed in his head. This was a new feeling he enjoyed. He thought about his father.

Why would he want Hermione? What does she have to do with anything. He rested his head on hers and closed his eyes.

+++

Draco woke up to an empty bed. He stood up and looked for Hermione. Growing nervous he checked the bathroom to find her sleeping next to the toilet. He assumed she threw up and sat next to her.

However, a knock at the door came. Draco stood up and ran to get it. Like he thought, it was Mcgonnagall.
"Another letter?" Draco said. She nodded
"This one a bit more frightening...he said at the end... see you soon. Now I'm not sure how soon, but be careful please." She said leaving.

Draco went back inside to hear loud mumbling. He went over to Hermione and saw her trying to sit up.
"Malfoy," she kept repeating.
"I'm here, what's wrong?"
She looked up at him and stared into his stormy eyes. She smiled but it quickly faded when she puked into the toilet. Draco held her hair back and rubbed her back. Once she was finished she took a sip of water and Draco helped her stand up. They walked to their bed. Hermione just sat on it.

"Thank you." She said smiling at him. He sat down and hugged her. This is what he wanted for the rest of his life