n i n e

Draco never left her hospital bed. Her peaceful body laid to rest on. He was playing with her ice cold hands, Putting a warming spell on her every once and a while.

He didn't realize what it was like to fall in love with Hermione. It was magic. The only word he found to describe it.

During the summer, he didn't think this is how his life would be like this. He didn't think his light would be Hermione Granger. Her smile, the best part of his day. He needed that smile right about now.

He didn't realize what it would be like to loose her. A broken heart a short distance from a barely beating one. She hated the cold. She loved his warmth, although he found himself to be the coldest human in this earth. But together, with her warmth and his cold, they created a beautiful tornado. Consuming their lives.

Harry and Ginny came to say their goodbyes. Even Ron came. But Draco never promised a goodbye. That was not going to happen.

But hope was fading and becoming thin. Hermione was his hope. His home.

"Hermione Granger. Please listen this time. I've tried to tell you this every hour incase you somehow hear it. Don't give up. Remember all the way back when we decided to be civil. When we sat in all day, opening up ourselves to eachother. When I was bored...when that was an excuse to get you to sneak out to Hogsmeade just to have a snowball fight. Think about when we decided the stars decide our fate. Our first kiss. You're new favorite feeling. Come back to me Hermione." Draco said once again. Hoping this time it would work. He held onto her hands. Praying to merlin she would wake up.

Draco fell asleep for a bit, and woke up disappointed at himself that he would do that. But what woke him up? It came again. A cough. Draco looked up at Hermione with a tear stained face. She coughed again.

"Nurse!" He called for one, as one came running down the hall.
"What? What's going on?"  She said looking at Hermione.
"Impossible." She whispered. She checked Hermiones vitals and cast a few spells on her, to help heal her.

Draco thanked merlin and the stars.
+++

"You're Father?" Hermione whispered as Draco tried to make conversation.
"Prison, Granger. Do you want food? Water?"
"You've already gotten me some." She smiled, brightening his day.

"Right my mistake," He said looking down. Hermione tan her fingers through his hair.

"Draco," she whispered.
"I thought I lost you. I thought I wouldn't ever be happy again." He said looking back up at her.
"I'm right here. I'm staying right here, with you, forever." She said.

"So you're accepting my proposal?" He smirked.
"Oh please, only because I feel poorly no other girl will." She said smiling at him. He chuckled and kissed her on the lips.

+++

Hermione still had to have a heating charm fast on her for the next few months. That day, she had come outside in a tank top and pajama pants.

Draco didn't let her out of his sight, and gave her a proper engagement ring.

They were sitting on their bed playing the game clue, when a knock came at their door.

Draco opened the door, and the nurse that healed Hermione came into their room hurriedly.

"I've figured it out! It was that ring that saved you! A true loved wish saved you! I've done it!" She smiles at Draco and Hermione, who looked confused.

"His ring, saved you. I'm assuming he wished something along the lines of you not leaving him. That's how you're alive."

"True love?" Hermione asked.
"True love." The nurse said.
"Well, I'll leave you be." She said walking back out of their door.

"Draco, you saved me."
"Our love saved you," He said laying her down, and kissing her.

+++

"I'm scared Gin," Hermione said turning around in a beautiful white dress. Ginny smiled at her.

"You have no reason to be. Now let's go get you married!"

Draco smiled at his beautiful bride.
"You May kiss the bride" the five words were finally said. Draco grabbed Hermione and kissed her lips, dipping her. She opened her eyes and laughed.

Draco stared at his now wife and smiled. Stars were brightly shining at their reception, which they both made sure was outside at night.

Hermione was staring at the stars and smiled.
"I can't believe we made it, Malfoy." Hermione said smiling.
"Well, Malfoy," Hermione blushed, "with the stars deciding our fate...I believe we were in the right hands." He said and brought Hermione closer to him.

+++

Draco and Hermione were painting the walls of their new house. Both were so happy that it was more isolated but friendly. It was a light yellow, the entire outside of the house. There was even a cute porch swing, like Hermione insisted.

"I'm so tired, Draco." Hermione said stepping down from the stool. Draco looked at her with confusion and nodded.
"Want to sit on the porch swing?" Draco asked. Hermione nodded and closed the paint jar.

"The sunset is really nice." Draco said as Hermione laid her head on his shoulder.
"Mhm I have to tell you something." She said playing with her wedding ring.

"What is it?" He said looking at her. Hermione couldn't contain a smile.
"I am...I'm pregnant Draco." She said. She looked up at him to see a smile he couldn't contain.

"I'm going to be a father?" He said smiling. Hermione nodded. Draco stood and picked her up and spun her around.

And in the end, Draco and Hermione lived a life, decided by the stars