e i g h t

The days drew closer to Lucius' arrival. Only he knew this. He watched closely as his son cared for that mud blood. Not his son.

+++

"I can't believe I'm not better yet," she said getting sitting up with soup in her hands in the bed.
"I'm sure you will soon." Draco said smirking.
They were playing Christmas songs, for the Time was approaching. Hermiones favorite came on, white Christmas.

"Want to dance?" Draco asked holding out a hand. Hermione set her soup aside and grabbed his hand.

He twirled her, and she laughed. She leaned into his chest as they swayed.
"Draco?" Draco stayed silent. He never heard her say his name. She looked up at him with confusion.
"What?" She asked.
"I've just never heard you say my name before..." he said still swaying with her.
"Well I thought it was about time...but I want it to stay this way forever." She said leaning her head back on Dracos shoulder.

A knock interrupted their dance. That was different. Usually the guards would just send people away. Mcgonnagall would speak through letters.

Hermione looked up at Draco as he went to the door. She followed but was stopped by the balcony door opening. Hermione ran to shut it, but when she went back to see Draco he was gone. Completely gone. She opened the door and he wasn't there as well. Her heart started to pound.
The guards were lying on the ground. Hermione screamed. She started to run to Ginny and Harry's room. When she turned the corner, Mcgonnagall was walking towards her.

"Miss Granger?"
"Professor, Draco...we got a knock on the door he went answer and disappeared!" She said tears brimming her eyes.

"Calm down, don't worry come with me." She told the frantic girl. Hermione followed Mcgonnagall to her office.
"Stay here." She said having her take a seat.
"But...Draco he—" the door was shut. Hermione stood and paced the floors.

The window flew open and the chilling snow came into the room. Hermione jumped to close it, but saw something in the snow. She squinted her eyes, but in her gut knew that it was Draco and his Father in the snow.

+++

Draco was grabbed in an instant. He didn't have time to think and fight back. When he opened his eyes he saw white, pure white. It was snow, and behind him was Hogwarts. He turned to his father who was staring at him menacingly.

"Father? What is the meaning of this?" He said, his breath coming out in puffs of white.

"You're soulmate, can not be a mudblood. Son, the family line—"
"Is just a family line! It was meant to be broken. Remember the prophecy?"
"You remember that? I brought you up to despise mudbloods!"
"Muggle borns!" Draco screamed at his father. Lucius fell silent. He stared at Draco with cold eyes.

"How come you've decided to be a disappointment? You use to strive to please me." He looked down on his son.

Draco took a step closer to his father.
"And then I found out what actual life was like. And no, it was not only Hermione who taught me it. It was my friends, mother, this school. Nothing, nothing ten feet near you taught me love. Hermione, taught me what it's like to fall in love. So tell me Father, what are you going to do about it."

"Risky question— oh look who came to join the party!" Lucius yelled in laughter. Draco turned around to see Hermione walking in the blizzard . The wind pushing her a bit.

"Draco!" She yelled putting a hand over her eyes to see him. He was loosing his mind. How could she come out here?

"Remember that soup you brought to her? You should really use a checking spell for poi—"

Draco turned around and punched his father square in the face. Lucius fell backwards but that didn't stop Draco. He kept punching him, forgetting Hermione all together.
Then his head popped up and looking back to see her lying on the ground in a distance.

He left in a second and ran to her. He saw her trying to get up but fall back down.

"Stop! Granger!" He said running faster towards her in the snow.

Hermione looked up and smiled at him.
"Granger, don't struggle. You'll hurt your masks even more." He was now kneeling staring at the love of his life.

"Hey," she whispered loud enough for him to hear.
"How lucky was I," she smiled "to be able to date the Draco Malfoy."

"You're still lucky. Stay. Stay with me Granger. Marry me and stay with me for the rest of our lives. Don't leave yet." Draco pulled out his wand and placed his ring on her finger.
"Look I even have a ring..." he said as warm tears embraced his cold face.
"We could get married and have the grandest wedding. Or..or a small one. What ever you want. We'll have five...no ten kids. All as beautiful as you. They'll have your warmth with my pride. Only if you stay. Please."
"Draco," she said staring at his teary stormy blue eyes.
"Thank you for loving me. I love you s-so much." Hermione let out a breath. It felt like her last.

"Granger," He said shifting her on his lap.
"Hey, G-Granger. No. Wake up. You're not allowed to leave! The stars didn't decide this fate!"

He didn't realize all the people who had come outside taking his father away, now taking Hermione.
"Be careful with her!" Draco said following them into the hospital wing. Where hermiones fate would be decided by the stars.