s i x

It was the day of the ball. Both Hermione and Draco slept in. Hermione laying on Dracos chest, and Draco holding her. It was passed breakfast, when Hermione woke up. She stretched and sat up.

Draco did the same shortly after. He noticed Hermiones eyes were still closed as she was sitting up. Draco laughed and she smiled. Her eyes finally opened and she checked the time.

"I have to get ready!" She squealed. She got up and took her dress from the hanger.
"Ginny's going to help me get ready! See you soon!" She said running out of the door to Ginny's room.

+++

"How are you and Malfoy?" Ginny asked while straightening Hermiones hair.
"Really good. I might be falling for him gin.."
"Really?!"
"I don't know! I can't even tell if the feeling is mutual." She said as Ginny finished her hair.

"Come of it, he does." She said looking at herself in the mirror. Hermione shook her head and stared at herself. She actually didn't look bad.

"You and Harry?" Hermione asked placing a hair that kept falling in front of her face, behind her ear.

"Great. I think I'm in love with him Mione."

"He's definitely in love with you too." Hermione laughed.
"Maybe this was a good thing...you know, the new law." Ginny said.

Hermione shrugged "maybe."

+++

Draco waited outside of Ginny and Harry's room for Hermione. The door opens, but it was only Potter.

"Malfoy,"
"Potter,"

"I want to be sure of something."
"Okay?" Draco said in a confused tone.
"Do not hurt Hermione. If you're mad calm down. She can't break. I'm asking you of this." Harry said looking at him straight in the eyes.

"I never intended to hurt her. I care about her too much." He said shaking his head.

"Do you love her?" Draco stared at him.

"I--"

Hermione and Ginny walked out of their room. Draco smiled at Hermione. She looked absolutely stunning and incredibly beautiful.

"Granger, you clean up nice."
She shrugged looking him up and down.
"I wish I could say the same." He smirked and she laughed.

"Ready?" He asked, Hermione nodded. She took his arm and walked down the hall. Draco was trying so hard not to smile. Hermione looked great and was making him laugh. Did he love her?

"Malfoy?" She said and he went out of his daze.
"Hm?"
"I said you look very nice" she smiled.
"Oh, uh thank you...as do you."
"I know," she laughed.

+++

The ball was decorated in a beautifully. Many had there eye on Hermione, including Draco. However her eyes were on the grand decorations in the room. She looked to Draco as they reached the bottom step.

"Let's get something to drink," she said. He nodded.  They went over the drinks but a slow song came on. Draco looked at Hermione and raised an eyebrow.

She giggled and took his hand. Hermione put her head on Dracos chest as they swayed.
"Why is everyone looking at us?" She whispered.
"Because your beautiful." He said.
"A compliment? How honored am I?" She said picking her head up.
"You should be." He joked. The song ended and they parted.

"I need some air, I'll be back in a bit. I'm only going on the balcony." She said and he watched her walk away.

"So, back to what we were talking about." Harry said walking up to Draco.

"We weren't finished?" Draco sighed. Harry shook his head.

"I see that you do love her." He said to him.

"When did I ever say that?" He said crossing his arms.
"You don't have to. It's the way you look at her. I've never seen you smile unless your around her. It's so clear. How can you not see it?" Harry said.

"I know there's someone out there who could love her better." Draco said.

"Well, the same with Ginny but she wants me. Hermione wants you."

"What?"

"Oh come on," Ginny said over hearing the conversation. "Don't tell me you don't believe she loves you. I promise she does. Why aren't you with her?" She said crossing her arms.

"I...she went..."

"Go...go Malfoy!" Ginny said laughing.

Draco went off running and Ginny leaned her head on Harry's shoulder.
"I do want you, and you only." Ginny said. Harry smiled and kissed her.
"I know."

+++

Hermione was staring at the stars. It brought her clarity. She heard the door open and looked back to see Draco walking towards her.

"Granger,"

"Malfoy? Is something wrong?"

Draco shook his head and walked right up to her and kissed her lips. Hermione pulled away in shock, then looked into in eyes and planted her lips back on his. This time lasting longer.

"This, was long over due." She said and Draco pulled her back into a kiss.

She smiled and leaned into his chest and stared at the stars.

"The stars tonight..." she whispered.
"They decide our fate." He finished her sentence. She giggled and hugged him closer.

+++

What a night, thought Draco. Hermione was laying in his arms. A perfect end to a perfect night. He thought about how much she meant to him. She was his true soulmate. Everything about them fit.

A knock came at their door. Draco thought he was just hearing things. But when Hermione shifted and woke up he knew someone was actually knocking.

She started to get but Draco pulled her back down.
"I'll get it," Hermione smiled and he leaned down to kiss her.

He wondered who would be awake at this time.
"Oh Professor Mcgonagall what is it?"
"I must speak to you urgently, you're father is out of prison and has heard word that your soulmates with Hermione. He sent this letter.."

Draco read over it. Kill, mud-blood, disappointment, family line. Are the words that stuck out to Draco. He shuddered.

"When we see it become a bigger threat we will take more precautions than just staying on a mild lockdown. But for now just keep her safe." She said nodding and turned around.

He closed the door and put the letter on the table. He went back to Hermione and held her tightly, never wanting to let go.