Chapter 20

"I like you."

Sehun widened his crescent eyes at him.

"What are you thinking? Do you really thought I'm gay? I was talking about I like you, as my baby girl's boyfriend and perhaps future husband if you considered."

"Ohmygod hyung of course I've considered!" Sehun exclaimed.

Blood immediately rose to his cheeks as he blushed hard.

Siwan smirked at him, but soon frowned. "But our dad is quite hard to please though. He personally shooed away quite a number of boys that wished to date Yoon. I really hope he likes you."

"Don't worry. I'm sure I could do it. Is he coming to visit?"

"Yes. He'll come by next week to visit Yoon. We were supposed to come over at the same time but he told me to come and keep Yoon company first as he will arrive sooner. But I guess she doesn't really needed me." He wiggled his eyebrows at Sehun.

Sehun raised his eyebrows and smiled awkwardly, at the same time quite worried. Sure he was confident, he was never unconfident. But he was worried this time, because if her dad doesn't approve him, he will have a hard time to date Yoona in the future.  He was afraid to lose her.

-

A week later, the day finally came. The day that Sehun will meet Yoona's father.

"Appa!" Yoona shrieked as she jumped onto her father.

"Aigo my baby princess have grown up so much again." He hugged her tightly.

"Appa! I want to introduce someone to you!" Yoona cheered happily as she pulled her father into the house.

-

4 of them were sitting awkwardly in the living room. Yoona's dad was staring at Sehun intensely with Siwan beside him, while Yoona was sitting beside Sehun on the opposite with her arms wrapped around his.

"Appa, this is Sehun, my boyfriend."

"He is a good man, appa. I've experienced it." Siwan winked at them.

Mr Im raised his eyebrows at them. "Are you sure you could protect my daughter?"

"Appa, he protected me several times already. He also took very good care of me when I was sick. He even saved me from perverts!" Yoona immediately closed her mouth after the words slipped out.

"Now who are the perverts are you talking about Ms Im?" Mr Im stared at his daughter.

Yoona was flustered.

"I'll t-tell you later, appa." Siwan smiled awkwardly at his father.

"You better do." He said strictly. "Let's eat." He stood up followed by Siwan.

"Just keep it natural. You're good." Siwan patted Sehun's shoulder as Mr Im was ahead of them.

-

As they were having dinner, Mr Im kept glancing at Sehun.

However, Sehun only continued his usual meal routine, which is giving Yoona tons of food while she always giggled in return.

"Appa."

Mr Im's expression immediately switched to adoring. He looked at his daughter, "Yes my dear?"

"Is the food not good?" She pouted.

Apparently, Mr Im kept stirring the food with his spoon without having a bite.

"No no! Of course it's good!" He instantly stuffed some food into his mouth.

Mr Im's face brightened up when he tasted the grilled beef, "This is so good ohmygod."

"Sehunnie oppa did that!" Yoona exclaimed proudly.

The said person only stared at him smiling awkwardly while Mr Im's expression turned into normal again, "Hmmm. That's a great job." He said nonchalantly.

Sehun's heart cheered internally. He was never a good chef but he tried his best to cook something edible, and Mr Im likes it!

-

After dinner, once again they sat at the living room, but this time more relaxed.

"Where do you work?" Mr Im suddenly asked.

"Oh Company, sir."

"Oh Company?" Mr Im was shocked. "As a...?"

Sehun hesitated to tell him about his position in the company because it was still confidential. Yoona saw his considered look and she held onto his hand.

"I'm sorry, sir. But I couldn't answer this question."

Instead, Mr Im ignored his staement, "Are you the CEO?" He asked again.

Sehun only kept quiet.

"Are you the son of the founder of Oh Company?"

This time, Sehun nodded showly.

Suddenly, a cup was slammed on the table. Siwan, Yoona, and Sehun flinched and look at Mr Im. He was holding the cup tightly, about to crush it in his hands.

"Where is your father?!"

"A-Australia..."

"Tell him to come back, RIGHT NOW!"

Sehun and Yoona was startled, even Siwan was. They had never seen this side of Mr Im before. He was always calm and smart.

"Gosh, that bastard. He promised me he would contact me once he arrive to Australia! How could he forget about his best friend aka seatmate for 10 years?!" He mumbled.

"What? Appa, you know Sehun's father?"

"Mr Im, you know my dad?"

Yoona and Sehun asked at the same time.

"Of course I do, my son!" Mr Im  exclaimed. "And call me appa from now on!"

That escalated too fast. The 3 of them thought.

"I'm sorry, Mr Im. But--"

"Appa."

"A-Appa...but can you let Yoona meet my parents first as soon as they arrive before you meet them?"

"Of course! Just let me know after my baby princess met them."

"I will make sure they will love her." Sehun stared at Yoona and nuzzled their noses together.

"Just mention my name only after they love my baby princess okay? Don't let my name affect their impression on her." Mr Im smiled.