chapter twenty-seven -:- moments

~HALLOWEEN~

"You look ridiculously adorable," Normani cooed as she adjusted the cape over Ally's shoulders.

"No, mommy. I'm not adorable. I'm badass!" The six-year-old insisted, making her mother gape at her.

"Allyson, that is a bad word. We don't say that," Normani chided lightly.

"But mama said Wonder Woman was badass," Ally pouted, making her mommy sigh. She watched as Normani got up from where she was kneeling by the stairs and head over to the shoe closet by the door. "What you doing?"

Normani grabbed a flip-flop from the closet and shut the door, heading for the living room where her wife and other daughters were.

"I'm gonna hit your mother," Normani said bluntly, waving the flip-flop as she entered the other room.

Dinah, who was unsuspecting to her fuming wife and the flip-flop, jumped several feet in the air when she felt the plastic smack against her butt.

"What the actual- Normani!" She demanded, looking to Ally who was laughing and Lauren who was too busy helping Camila with her costume to care.

"You and your filthy mouth are teaching our six-year-old how to swear."

"Ess!" Camila cried out.

Normani smacked the flip-flop down on her wife's leg again, making her jump.

"God dammit woman. Stop!" She yelled, grabbing the object of assault before throwing it behind Normani and back towards the entrance of the house. "You know very well that 'swear' is Camila's trigger for 'ass'."

"ESS!" Camila yelled louder.

"That's a swear word, Mila. You're not allowed to say it," Normani said, making the toddler pout.

"'ant ess," she whimpered.

"You'll have one eventually," Dinah said, waving off her youngest. Normani smacked her hand down on her upper arm this time. "Jesus Christ. Normani, stop it!"

"Stop teaching our children how to swear!" Normani said, making the Poly roll her eyes.

"What have I taught them aside from 'ass'?"

"ESS!"

"Camila Kordei-Hansen," Normani said sternly, making the toddler whine. "Do not say that word again."

"'ant!" Camila insisted.

"She's argumentative because of you," Dinah said, flipping her hair as if she found a way out from her scolding.

"Don't turn this on me, Dinah Jane. Ally just said she was badass in her costume," Normani said, whispering the word so then Camila wouldn't repeat it.

"And?" Dinah asked, waiting for something else. Honestly, she was expecting something worse like bitch, fuck, cunt. Motherfucking cunt? When she drives alone with Ally she often finds it hard not to let those words slip when someone drives like an asshole.

"Really? 'And'? That's what you're going to say?"

"There are worse words for her to be repeating," Dinah said, waving off her wife. "Would you rather have her saying 'bitch'?"

"BITCH!" Camila yelled, clapping her hands (she started doing it every time she learnt a new word).

Dinah suddenly shrunk away from Normani, her eyes widening as the woman grew slightly more lethal.