Chapter 3 - Getting over Jordan

**HAYES POV**

It's been 3 days since Jordan broke up with me. I haven't left my room since.

"HAYES!" I heard Nash scream from downstairs

"WHAT?!?" I yelled back at him

"Me and Chelsea are going to Dairy Queen. Can you come so Maddie will have somebody to hang out with?" he asked me. I really want to go to see Maddie but I still like Jordan. I like Maddie but I also like Jordan so it's really complicated. I agreed to go so I went upstairs and changed into khakis and a tshirt.

As we walked to Dairy Queen, I talked to Maddie. "Hayes, are you okay? You really didn't have to come for me."

"No it's okay, I wanted to come." I reassured her. "Hayes" she said sounding like she's gonna cry. "What's wrong, Maddie?" I asked her.

She broke down when we got to Dairy Queen. "It's all my fault that Jordan broke up with you! It's been bothering me for the past 3 days! I can't stand for you to be sad anymore because of me!" She leaned on my shoulder and cried. I wanted to say something, but It was so cute when she cried on my shoulder.

We left early to walk home but on the way home, we stopped at the park. I pulled Maddie close to me and held her in my arms. Our lips met and sparks flew. It was perfect. She pulled away and said "I'm sorry Hayes, I can't be confused anymore. You have kissed me two times, but you are still upset that Jordan broke up with you! Who do you care about, me or Jordan?" I just stared at her and before I could say anything else, she leaned in for another kiss. It was amazing, when we kiss, it's perfect and it feels right. I honestly don't know why I ever dated Jordan. She loved me but she cheated on me about 4 times with my best friend, Danny.

At Home

My mom said Maddie could spend the night so I let her borrow some of my basketball shorts and a tshirt. She hopped in the shower and I sat on my bed and scrolled through Instagramy. I was getting a lot of hate on the pictures I took of me and Maddie. I just ignored it and got a shower when Maddie got out.

"Hey loser." Maddie said jokingly. "Heyyyyyy Maddie."I responded in a girly voice. She giggled and came and sat on the bed with me. "So... wanna watch a movie?" I suggested. "YESSSSS! LETS WATCH DIVERGENT!" she screamed really loud. She attacked me and then Nash walked in. He just started laughing and I was embarrased.

"HEYYYYYY NASHHHHHH!!" Maddie yelled. It's really cute how she says it. "Hey Maddieeeeee!!" Nash responds. Nash finnaly left and I popped in Divergent. My mom brought us some popcorn and Maddie fell asleep in the first 30 minutes of the movie on my shoulder. I fell asleep a little while later.