Chapter 6 - The funeral

OMG GUYS I CANT BELIEVE THE STORY HAS 200 READS! I LOVE WRITING AND THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. I MAY NOT BE THE BEST, BUT THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! LOVE Y'ALL <33

Maddie's pov

Today is the day of Danny's funeral and I know Hayes is not taking it well. He hasn't been talking much and hasn't eaten for 3 days. Me and Jordan have been talking more lately and I think we are getting closer. She really misses Danny and she doesn't know what to do.

"Hayes, wake up. We have to go." He gets up and his eyes look red and puffy. I can tell he's been crying a lot. I slept over at his house to comfort him and he basically cried the whole time.

(I'm skipping the funeral because that would be boring and it's not really a key point in the story)

**after the funeral**

{still Maddie's pov}

"Maddie!" Jordan yelled from across the parking lot. I ran up to her and gave her a hug. Her eyes were red and puffy, too. "I'm so sorry, Jordan. Do you wanna sleep over tonight?" she agreed and went with me to Hayes' car. I rode here with Hayes and I don't know how he's gonna like having Jordan (his ex) ride in his car. Butttt if he gets mad he can just get over it.

"Hazee! Jordan's riding with us back to my house if that's okay with you?" I asked/stated. "Yeah, that's fine." We got in the back of Nash's truck with Hayes, then me, then Jordan. In the front, it was Nash and Chelsea. They are so cute together. Hayes and Jordan didn't really talk the whole ride.

We rode in silence until we got back to my house. Jordan and I got out and ran upstairs to my room. As we were changing into our pjs, I got a text from Cody.

C: heyyy Maddie. Wanna come over? I'm having a few friends over while my parents are gone and I thought I would ask you.

M: yeah sounds like fun! Is it okay if Jordan comes too?

C: yeah be here in about 30 minutes

I didn't bother to respond and threw a pillow at Jordan. She looked up from her phone and threw a pillow back at me. We laughed for about 5 minutes and then I finally said "OMG JORDAN WE ONLY HAVE 20 MINUTES!! GET READY WE ARE GOING TO CODY'S HOUSE!" we rushed to my closet to pick out outfits. I threw on a white, flowy "I just wanna party" crop top with some pink high waisted shorts. I threw on my black converse while Jordan got ready.

"I'm all readyyyy!!" she came out singing in a high pitched voice. We both laughed. She was wearing a tie die t-shirt with the sides cut out with a blue bandeau underneath. She just had black vans and some old jean shorts but she looked stunning.

"GURLLLL WE LOOK GOODDD!" I said and we walked out the door.