One

" Forgive Me "

Elaija

I sat on our bed, reminiscing about the times that Keith and Slim were around. The smell of rose incense filled the room as I sat there. Love & Hip Hop Atlanta was showing on the TV, but I wasn't paying any attention. I didn't feel like watching that bullshit anyways.

Algee was taking too long to get back with my food. He was supposed to be back 2 hours ago. It was our anniversary and I'd been sitting here in this dress since he'd left. I was expecting him to say something like "Happy 4 year Anniversary" or some shit, but he didn't. That wasn't even a topic of conversation today.

I picked up the lighter off of the bedside table. The incense had burned out, so I picked up another one. Since I didn't want to light the same one, I picked up a vanilla scented one, lighting it. I walked into the bathroom, looking into the mirror.

This was not at all what I was expecting to happen in 4 years. I didn't go to college and I can't have Algee babies. We'd been arguing off and on about the situation for months. When we got the news, he was more hurt than I was.

I started to take my hair out of the ponytail and comb it out. If he wasn't going to come home, then I was just going to take all of this fancy shit off. There was no use in getting dressed up if we weren't going anywhere after we ate our food.

Walking into the room, I turned off the TV. I was about to go to sleep, there was nothing else to do. After taking my dress off, I folded it up and put it on top of the dresser. I walked over to our bed and laid there.

I checked my phone to see if I'd missed a call from Algee. It was the same text I came reading, it wasn't just sent. He hadn't even cared enough to respond to my text back.

Fiancé: Babygirl I'll be back in a hour, don't go to sleep

Me: Don't be all day Al, I got plans for us

He left me on read for 2 hours straight. I knew he probably forgot about our anniversary. Usually I'd stay up and wait for him to come back home. But tonight I was tired, worn out, and alone. I kept finding myself dosing off while staring at a dark TV. Then my eyes got heavy and I just gave in and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the TV and feeling Algee's warm hands touch my face. I opened my eyes to see him staring back at me. He didn't say not one word and I didn't either. Until I smelled the scent of marijuana mixed with his cologne.

Algee often smoked with his friends, then came home smelling like a weed factory. I quit smoking and I thought he would too but I was wrong. He just wanted me to stop so he could be the only one smoking. I didn't like when he smoked, he was chill but at any given moment he wanted to argue or play. The playing was cool but what are the arguments for?

I turned over, pulling the cover over my head and closing my eyes. I felt his hand on the back of my head. "Baby, what's wrong with youuu?" He pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around me. If I wasn't mad this would be comfortable but it wasn't.

"Algee you know why I'm tight at you right now, so stop frontin'. And get ya hands off me." He pulled the covers back, causing me to turn and scowl at him. I stared at him for a good 5 minutes before he responded.

We moved to LA to start something new here. All he'd been doing is getting high, drinking, going to parties, and barely working. It was just like high school all over again and I didn't want it to be like that. I changed everything, even got a decent job and stopped smoking weed.