Seventeen

3 weeks Later

Elaija

It was Thanksgiving, 6:34 PM, and I was late to Luke's dinner party. Everyone was going, other than Marie and whoever Keith's girlfriend was. Marie and Luke had relationship problems and she'd moved out over a month ago. When I talked to her, she said she was spending Thanksgiving with her family. Leo called when I was in the shower, but when I called back, she didn't answer.

I didn't know what to expect tonight, so I didn't put on earrings. This was Sabrina's first holiday with us, so I had to be prepared. I put my cocoa butter in my purse, a pair of socks, and I always kept a 30-pack of scuncis with me. I grabbed my keys and walked out of the door.

There wasn't a color code, thank god. I wore all black, the bandeau bodycon dress, leather jacket, and my favorite heels. It wasn't too special of an outfit, but I made the color black look sexy. I got in the car and drove to Manhattan. It took a whole hour to get from my house to Luke's house. When I finally got there, it was 7:48, because I decided to stop and get some wine.

 When I finally got there, it was 7:48, because I decided to stop and get some wine

I pulled into Luke's driveway, seeing Slim's Aston Martin parked on the street. I really didn't want to see him here, considering that he was giving me the silent treatment. When I got out of the car, I locked my doors and walked up to the door. "Is that E, in that all black?" I turned around to see Bryshere, in white vans, light colored jeans, and a tan jacket. "One and only." He smiled at me and when he got close, he gave me a hug. "Damn, girl you look good." I giggled and went inside, he was a mess.

We walked in and the first person I saw was Keith. He walked right up to me and hugged me. His outfit was dope; black turtle neck, overalls, black yeezys, with a black bomber. "Long time, no see. Where you been at all this time?" He usually didn't speak to me when I walked into the room. This made me feel like something was going on. I walked off, and over to Luke, he looked sad.

Luke had on all white, with black boots. "Luke, you okay?" He looked up from his phone at me, then back down again. He probably missed Marie or something. Whatever it was, he'd tell me later. I scanned the room for Algee. He was standing by the counter, next to Malcolm, they were sipping drinks. He'd trimmed his beard and had 6 toddler plats in his head. His outfit was basic, a black and white striped tee with black and white sweatpants. Elijah and Leo were at the table, having a conversation of their own.

I felt someone staring at me and when I turned to look, I made eye contact with Slim. He licked his lips and I turned my head. I looked away quickly, avoiding his gaze. We weren't on speaking terms because Alicia had called me from his phone. I talked to him about it and he skated around the question, even snapped on me. So I got mad and hit him, he hasn't been answering calls or talking to me at all in the past week.

"Y'all ready to eat?" Everybody gathered around the table as Luke said grace. I ended up sitting in between Slim and Elijah, and Algee was across from me. Before anyone said "Amen", Sabrina came walking in with a car seat and Bryson walking next to her. I rolled my eyes, getting ready for the bullshit. We started eating as soon as she sat down, an awkward silence filled the room.