Sixteen.

Algee

Seeing Elaija in the hospital yesterday, almost made me shed a tear. When I called her and Luke answered, I thought he was gonna tell me she was gone. I thought that was it. I would lose my best friend, my lover, the girl that I wanted to marry. The only other time she'd been in the hospital, is when Slim had beat her. He just so happened to be there this time, acting like he loved and cared for her.

Where was Slim when she was hospitalized because he had beat the shit out of her? Where was the nigga when she was in pain? He was in jail for assaulting a cop. Why did everybody forgive him for beating my fiancé? Why did she forgive him? I needed answers because I was losing my mind. Seeing Slim in the hospital, visiting her, set off a different fuse.

Elaija called me his name and I put her out because she'd slept with him. He was the enemy. Malcolm passed me the blunt, "So what you gone do about this situation?" I'd told him about Slim yesterday before we went to the club. He knew somebody who could put a hit on him, but I didn't want that. I wanted to kill him myself. I have to be the last person to see him alive. "You get the guns, I'll handle the death." He nodded, letting me know that he understood my directions.

Malcolm was my right hand man, he had connections. He knew people that knew people and that's how shit got done around here. For the past month, I've been moving drugs and building a kingpin with Malcolm by my side. When Elaija left me, I stopped babysitting Bryson. I don't keep in contact with my mom, dad, or any parts of the family anymore, either. Sabrina won the custody battle of Bryson and she put me on child support. Since I don't do music anymore, I didn't have any money to pay the bills. I had to do this shit to eat, Junior had to eat too. Nobody knew that I was doing this, but Malcolm. Right now, he was the only one I could trust.

Luke and Marie's Thanksgiving Party was going to be the night I approach Elaija. Since I couldn't tell her how I felt at the hospital, I'll tell her then. Elaija and I never got a chance to talk about things since Sabrina had Junior. I wanted to make things right and start out fresh.

Malcolm got up and dapped me, "Yo, I gotta go. My girl needs my right now. You gone be cool?" I nodded, "Yeah, I'll be ight. Tell Aaliyah I said hey." He chuckled as he walked to the door. "Ight man." After the door closed, I jumped up, running up the stairs and into the room.

As soon as I sat down, Leo called. Now she don't usually call me, so I was confused. We hated each other, I don't understand what we would talk about right now. I answered the phone, "What is it?" I heard her smack, then I heard snoring in the background. "Why do you have an attitude?" Here we go, I thought to myself. I sighed before she continued talking.

"Have you talked to Elaija? She's not answering her phone." I didn't think nothing of what she said because it was bullshit. It was 10 AM, of course she wouldn't answer, she's asleep. "Well maybe she's sleep, dumbass." Leo scoffed, then she hung up. I put my phone down and turned the tv on. She didn't have to call me anyways. Elaija doesn't talk to me, she doesn't want anything to do with me.

20 minutes later, I heard my doorbell sound off. I didn't pay it no mind at first I just wanted to relax. But when I heard it over and over again, I grabbed my glock and marched downstairs. Whoever was at this door was about to get their shit blew back. I unlocked the door, stepped back and pointed the gun at the door. Leo opened the door and I had the gun aimed right at her head. "Put the fucking gun down, Stewart Little." I lowered the gun and then put it on the kitchen table.

"What the fuck do you want?" She punched me in the stomach, sending me to the floor, clutching my abdomen. "That's for calling me a dumbass, shoulda did that shit a long ass time ago." I stared at the floor, still taking in the pain. This is exactly why we don't get along. I should've shot her ass at the door.