Child's Play.

1992

Tiana.

"No, this can't be..."

I stare at the pregnancy test for the hundreth time in a row.

I should've seen this coming to be honest, I've had morning sickness for the past few weeks now, pluss I've been off the pill for a couple months now so you know how that goes.

"Uh, are you ok in there?" Donald's deep voice rings through the door.
I didn't think he noticed I was gone, he's been working on the album all night and barely said a word to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine", my voice cracks as I'm on the brim of crying. A river of tears flow down my cheeks at the thought of me being pregnant, me being a mother, me even bearing a child while still being one. I'm only 22.

Most importantly, how am I gonna tell him? He's work on this album and everything and I know it's going to be a success, I don't want my pregnancy to be a distraction. Especially since Donald has been irritable lately, literally any little thing can strike a nerve in him. I like to think of him as Ike Turner, except without the violence.

I get out of the bathroom and go downstairs to the basement Donald had built in our house specifically for studio time.

"Fuck!" Donald yelled, making the sound of his anger echo throughout the room. He crumbled another piece of paper and threw it in the pile, holding his head in frustration. It's gotta be hard on D at a time like this. Andre thought that record sales could be a little better this time of year since it's the holidays, so he demanded that Donald put out another album by the deadline, and Donald has no inspiration.

"Donald..."

"Shit, I didn't even hear you come down here, what's up?"

He spun his chair around to face me.

"D, I have something I need to say to you and I hope you don't get mad, but if you do I understand..."

"Fuck, don't tell me you got something. We been having raw sex for months now Ti!"

I paused to look at him in disgust.

"No! It's not that...De, I'm pregnant..."

He stared at me for a couple seconds, then reverted his eyes to the soundboard.

"Well damn, atleast say something, D" I stood there with my hands on my hips, until he answered.

He got up, and pulled me close into a hug.

"I knew you were pregnant the whole time..."

I pull away from the hug and stand back to stare at him because between me and you, I think De has lost his mind.

"Donald what the fuck, you got me pregnant on purpose? Are you good? Did you take your meds today? with your crazy ass!"

"Yes, I've been taking my meds, and let me explain." He stood there with the world's biggest smile on his face.

"I wanted you to be pregnant in time for this new album, baby." His eyes lit up at the thought of having his own family. Donald has always talked about having a child and being a better man than his father was, I just didn't think he would want to get it done so quickly.

"Donald, what about me? My parents are gonna lose their minds once they found out their only daughter is pregnant! I thought we were gonna get married before we did this! I have my whole life ahead of me Donald!"
I was so angry at the time that I didn't even realize how much I was crying.

"Shhhhh it's gonna be ok, we're a family now." Donald held me in his arms.

"And you, you can't even keep your dick in your pants! How do you expect me to think you're going to be loyal all 9 months of my pregnancy!" I continuously poked at his chest in an attempt to get through him but it didn't work.

"Look, I'm making a promise right now to be faithful to you and the baby, ok? We're gonna be alright."

"Donald, I don't know if I can do this. I mean you with the album and the upcoming tour, and me being pregnant, it's gonna be difficult."

He sat down and put me on his lap.

"But we'll make it work, because I love you, and I can't wait for you to have all 10 of my kids." He smirked deviously.

"No thank you, I can't handle having 10 other mice running around the house, you're already enough."

"You buggin', we're gonna have more kids than The Jackson's and The Wayans family combined."

I almost passed out at the thought of having more than 3 chidren...

"Tell you what, if one of the songs on the album wins an American Music Award, I'll have another baby." I negotiated.

"It's a deal."