Memory III: Sorrow

"I don't understand why you wanted the both of us to participate today, Meliodas." Zeldris says, glancing at his other older brother with annoyance. Estarossa glared at him, the younger glaring back. Now they were having a staring competetion.

Meliodas blinks, sighing watching his younger brothers fighting without moving or even talking. They're probably strangling each other in their mind, however. He still has no idea what to with this situation honestly, and with the possibility of the war getting closer this might actually be problem. After all, these two are warriors, meant to cooperate as generals someday.

"Well, I just want the both of you to fight me." They stop their glaring competetion. Staring at their brother in desbelief, both blinking simulataneously. That was actually adorable, Meliodas thought.

"I'll do whatever you want if you manage to cut my arm off." He smiled, and he knew he triggered the both of them. They look far more serious now than before, and that was all that he ever wanted.

The soldiers who Estarossa was supposed to train, all took a couple of steps backwards. They know how horrofying these three were, and the other two doesn't know that...

"And it'll be the other way around if we lose?" Zeldris says.

"Exactly."

Well, not really all... He expects highly of the two, and he wish they don't dissapoint him. Yet knowing their mindset he should look forward of their failure already, it's better to expect it coming.

"Your confidence is infuriating." Zeldris commented, black flames surounding his arm as a sword appeared on his grasp.

"You're obviously underestimating us." Estarossa uttered, crossing his arms.

"Not at all little Esta, not at all." He smiled actually telling the truth, the both of them could defeat him someday, he just knows. They're both equally powerful and Estarossa still has so much potential, but today...

Wasn't that someday.

Meliodas was flying above them, barely scratched but his youner brothers were terribly beaten up. Estarossa now unconcious while Zeldris was bathing in his own blood. The blonde sighed, flying down as he look down at Zeldris.

"Listen Little Lirri." He uttered, remembering the nickname he gave him back then. Zeldris glared at him, hating that nickname more than anything.

"A war is about to start, you two are going to be generals... your relationship may be terrible as it is, but I expect you to be at least civil in the battlefield." The ravenette bit his lower lip, already knowing what Meliodas was really plotting before the fight started.

Yet he couldn't stand Estarossa.

He was exposed to the responsibility he had to take up at such a young age. Yet Estarossa ignored it, ran away from it and Meliodas tolerated it.

He was jealous.

"I understand." Uttered, rather bitterly, his tongue never meaning it.

"No you don't..." Zeldris once again glared at him, Meliodas smiled messing his hair, making it look similar to his. He slap his hand away, Meliodas merely smiling about it.

"Take care of your other older brother for me, when you're both fine do be reminded about the punishment." Zeldris wants to run away seeing his brothers smile, if as taking care of Estarossa wasn't enough.

Who knows what kind of bizare punishment his brother was thinking.

Meliodas left him, as Zeldris groans carrying Estarossa in a way nowhere gentle. He couldn't really care if he had more injuries from him, it would please him more.