Memory IX: Visit

"What's with this utterly annoying appearance?" Estarossa glared at Zeldris as he looks absolute bewildered. Who wouldn't be? He looks so different from earlier, who was tall and handsome and now he looks like their older brother who he just wants to hit so badly.

"Deal with it, no matter what I do, I can't change my appearance back." He uttered walking pass Zeldris, going straight to his room. Aparently, this mansion was owned by someone who died during the demons awakening, souls eaten up by who knows who as they stumbled upon their dead bodies.

"What happened, Estarossa? I doubt that your appearance change all of the sudden..." Zeldris uttered following him into his room, the silverette didn't bother turning his head planning to tell him.

He suddenly remembered seeing Zeldris kissing a woman.

But Zeldris was never interested in women...

Wait... that woman was the princess of vampires...

Didn't he seal them away?

Okay... he wants to hit his head somewhere now, his new found memories messing up with everything else and now he doesn't know which was real and fake.

"I met Gowther while visiting Meliodas." He responded, pulling a white long sleeve out of the closet, glad that this family had a son his size. He even found a pair of boots just his taste.

"He said Meliodas ordered him to alter my memories." Estarossa added, bottoning his clothes up still not looking at Zeldris, scared that the tears might fall.

"In these memories, Meliodas started the war for and because of me." His heart felt like was clenched as he remembered how Meliodas saved him, embrace him after he was kidnapped by some goddesses. He couldn't really afford crying in front of Zeldris right now, they would obviously argue about it.

"Gowther could also alter memories so don't believe it that easily." Yet these memories seems so real, they feel so real, nostalgic and he just knew that all of them are real.

"Wha-what am I supposed to do...?" He's stuttering now, tears threatening to fall. Shit, not this again, when on earth is he supposed to get over this? He wants to scream about it.

"I don't understand it anymore... it hurts... I don't even know if I should hate Meliodas to begin with..." Zeldris could not believe his eyes seeing his older brother crying once again, he saw him cry when he killed Meliodas but this was different.

He looks so vulnerable, he was shaking, voice trembling, gasping out of pure agony.

"Snap out of it!" He yelled, grabbing his shoulders, looking into his now purple eyes. It irritates him that a doll like Gowther was playing with his memories, playing with his feelings...

"We're going to find out if Gowther is playing with your head."

"How?" The silverette honestly felt stupid for wiping his tears in front of Zeldris. This wasn't the Estarossa that Zeldris knew.

"We're going to the land of the dead." Estarossa looks horrofied.

"Wait--- as in meet Meliodas?"

"Obviously..."

"I'm not--"

"Just shut up, we'll be going there tomorrow..."

"But I'm---"

"Better prepare yourself then." Here he was, acting all higher again. Estarossa sat there hopeless for a few minutes, scratching his head sighing.

If he wanted to know the truth, he had no other choice.

~

"Good morning little Esta." Estarossa's eyebrew twitch from the nickname, Zeldris usually call him that to imply that he's weak. He used to like that nickname till Zeldris changed its meaning.

"Shut up Lirri." Now it was Zeldris' turn to be irritated, that feeling of irritation was nostalgic along with the soun

"Where on earth did that nickname come from?"

"It was a name Meliodas suggested Mom when she was pregnant of you. Father chose your name, however." Estarossa blinks as Zeldris was staring at him oddly, like he was with someone who was weird. He is actually, since the Estarossa he knew doesn't make a troubled and stupid face like the one in front of him. The Estarossa he knew was cold, and sadistic and laid back, brought by his power, this one is still as powerful but is incredibly annoying.

"You don't remember? Meliodas calls you that a lot." The silverette asks. Zeldris was about about to reply, but the silverrette merely shruggs, telling him to forget about it. He probably forgot bout his memories are messed up... or Zeldris' memory about that was erased.

The second conclusion sounds better.

"Are you ready to go to the land of the dead though?" Estarossa choke on his tea. He totally forgot about that.

"I think you seriously should..."

"Don't think that I'm insane or something!" They flew through the skies in a impressive celerity after that, although he was scared of what awaits him, he gathered every courage he has.

He'd meet Meliodas again...

In an entirely different circumstances.

The village really did deserve its name, it was empty, all the houses were empty as they landed bellow the village's cliff.

"Brother..." Estarossa uttered, turning his head to the right as Zeldris did the same.

"We're not alone... I see..." the raven head uttered. "Isn't it about time that you show yourselves?"

"Seven Deadly Sins." The next thing they heard was a finger snapping, as Merlin grew visible before them, followed by the rest of the members and a few more people they don't really care who.

"What are you doing here?!" Estarossa glance at them for merely a second, somehow envious that they were with his older brother for a couple of years.

"Gowther, you did this on purpose didn't you?" The silverette uttered as the remaining members of the seven deadly sins glance at the doll.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Estsrossa." His eyebrew twitch.

"Estarossa?!" They're that surprise.

"That midget is the one that killed captain back then?!"

"Don't call me midget! It's that fucking doll's fault why I look like this right now!" Guilt suddenly stab him...

Right...

He killed Meliodas once.

Another irritating fact was that human that nearly killed him was in front of him.

"It doesn't really matter anymore." He shruggs, turning his back on his younger brother and the sins. He crouch down, seeing a lone while flower blooming bellow him, and as he touch it...

More flowers bloomed around them as he found himself in a land surounded with nothing but giant emerald crystals.

Stupid green crystals... reminding him of his older brother.

"You still hadn't answer us!"

"What do you want to hear? That we're here to eat the souls of everyone here?"

"Bastard!"

"Now, now, Ban... it was me who kept this monster alive, it should be me to end his life." The silverette glared at the brunette who nearly killed him back then, as the man had took a step forward.

Before the silverette, could summon a mass of black fire a spere of light suddenly started floating in front of the man, later turning into a familiar blonde.

"I would really appreciate it if you don't hurt my brother as of today." The blonde turned his head, his bright green eyes meeting his younger brother's purple ones.

He smiled at him and Estarossa's heart sank.

"Hello little Esta."