Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2: HOGWARTS EXPRESS

Today is September first. The day when term begins. I just can’t believe it. Here I am in the train-Hogwarts Express that carries approximately a thousand students to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It’s all happening. A few days ago, dad brought me and Taylor to a place called Diagon Alley where I bought all the things listed and got myself a cute little pet. It’s a chocolate brown squirrel who I decide to call Squeaky. It had been sleeping in my pocket for some time now. During the remaining time at home, I had been pouring over all the books that I bought and found it very interesting. I mean ‘Our Magic Story’ by Jack Andros which is all about history, isn’t at all like history that we go through at MUGGLE school.

I’m actually quite anxious about going to a boarding school as this will be my first time. I have not a single idea on how to manage without being able to see my parents until Christmas-though Taylor is here, but it’s not going to make any difference because he’s already ignoring me. This means I have to cope up with new friends that would care for me until the end. But who could they be? It’s the first day and already I’m sitting alone in this huge compartment. I heard myself heaving a heavy sigh.

Just then, I heard noises outside my compartment. I stood and walked outside. To my surprise, there were two boys around my age pulling over each other’s collars. One was a blonde haired boy who seemed to be really struggling to bang his fist at the other messy brown haired boy. They were shouting and almost every other student in the train was looking- just looking. I looked around, searching for someone with the facial expression to put a stop to this. Nobody! The brown haired boy was now having blood running from his nose. Panic rushed in me.

I picked the old battered courage somewhere half digested in myself and leaped between them. I was facing the blonde haired boy as he tried to reach the other side to hit the other boy who was already crouching on the floor. I strained to keep him going any further but unfortunately was hit a few times in my ribs and somewhere else, I couldn’t explain. It was too much. With all my might, I placed two strong hands- well not really strong and pushed him down to the floor. I heard him yelp as he fell to his back. For an instance, I thought everything’s over when I realised that it has just begun. Silence filled the corridor and I felt every pair of eyes staring at the back of my head. My rate of social anxiety disorder was growing. I was panting as I shared a glare with the blonde boy-his pale grey eyes staring into mine. I saw his name tag, SCORPIUS .

I heard running footsteps behind me and saw another elderly boy with black hair as I wheeled around to see. He helped the bleeding boy up. “What the bloody hell do you think you’re doing? Both of you! You’ll get us all into trouble before we even get to Hogwarts ground. Shame on yourselves.”He said, draping his arms around the other boy’s shoulder and trying to bring him away, unfortunately the hurtboy was slightly but painfully limping. Where were they going?

“My compartment’s empty. You can sit there if you wish to.” Did I even offer hospitality there to a total stranger? Must be a magical effect. The black haired turned and thanked, ignoring my eye. The crowd was beginning to clear off. I helped to slid the compartment door open and back close once we were all in. I painfully sat back at my seat. Scorpius had hit me hard on the ribs I guess. Opposite me sat both of them. The hurt one was now wiping his bleeding nose at his sleeves. He had a handsome light face, I just noticed. It felt uneasy sitting with two strangers, one of them I just helped out of trouble. Once again, silence filled the air. But no longer than that, the elder boy broke the silence; well he made me to break the silence. I gave out a tiny shriek and backed in my seat when I saw him taking out his wand. Taylor told me that wands are really dangerous.

“What’re you gonna do?” I croaked. Both of them looked at me with an are-you-okay-look.

“Don’t worry, I James Sirius Potter am a certified wizard in handling wands” James lied. I didn’t move an inchcand I didn’t know why he had emphasised on the name Potter,though I guess I’ve heard it before. But his face dropped and I realised that my reaction upon hearing his name wasn’t exactly how he had expected it. However he continued.