CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11: HIS COLD EYES

     Once, I was in the bathroom, I glanced around. The place was rather creepy. It was the gloomiest, most depressing bathroom I had ever set foot in. Under a large, cracked and spotted mirror were a row of chipped stone sinks. The floor was slightly damp and reflected the dull light given off by the stubs of a few candles, burning low in their holders; the wooden doors to the cubicles were flaking and scratched and one of them was dangling off its hinges.

     I swivelled my eyes around and saw the Loxias with Graye Longbottom, the forever silent first-year, with their wands out trying to make some changes to the whole situation. Other people like DEV and FEV were also drying the floors with simple flicks of their wands. I am actually very surprised at the huge space of this bathroom and it’s not like any other ordinary bathroom. It wasn’t disgusting or stinky for every single inch of the place was cleansed by the DA members. As I turned to my other side, I saw a few seats made ready for tonight’s audience I suppose. The dimly burning candles were magically replaced with new ones by Graye and a few Weasleys. I stood there at the doorway watching in awe as the whole place slowly changed into a classy duelling court.

     “You like them?” a hot whisper hit my ears from behind me and I wish that Scorpius would just stop doing this or my hormones will go out of control.

Wait, what?!? Why would it go out of control!?!

Gosh Kaira! Stop it....

      I nodded and I sensed him moving to my side to hold my hand.

     “You have to thank me for all this.” He gave me a lopsided smile.

     “You did these?” I asked.

     “Yea…at least I did all the planning and left the real work for the Loxias to do.” He smirked eyeing the Loxias who were not doing anything but ordering Graye around. Well, nobody wants to do the real heavy work right? I smirked…again

     “Get that cat away!!!” I turned to the audience seat and saw FEV standing on one of the seats as a familiar cat stood on the ground, watching her with curiosity.

     It didn’t take me long before I realised that the cat was actually Bizzle, or to be more specific, it’s Arthur’s cat. Its Arthur’s cat that FEV had been running away from since just now. I immediately scanned around for a hint of him, knowing that he must be here too. But I found no one called Arthur Bowen here. But if Bizzle is here, then Arthur MUST BE HERE…

     “Is Arthur here?” I turned and asked Scorpius who was proudly watching his underlings doing the job.

     “What?” he asked, definitely not catching what I had said.

     “Is Arthur Bowen here?” I growled.

     “Why should he? If that arse is here, then I would kick the daylight out off him. I will never let his shadow hit yours.” Scorpius squeezed my hand and that made my fury to grow more in me.

     “What the bloody hell is the problem with you?!” I violently pulled my hand away from his grasp and he looked a little taken aback. He is calling Arthur names and I don’t think I can take the fact that he is trying to be over-protective towards me when he is nothing to me.

     “Who are you to make Arthur stay away from me?” I spat. He seriously have no damn rights over Arthur’s and my freedom. He lowered his eyebrows into a fierce furrow. If I hadn’t taken the serum, I guess I would have obeyed his anger but I’m so sorry that I am no more afraid of him and his attitude.