Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6: HIS TOUCH ON ME

  Guess what I’m having for breakfast? Everything that mum forbids me from eating at home. Hahaha! Ok this is not a time to laugh. Seriously! Ezrille is next to me not starting on anything yet. Furball was in her hand soundly sleeping. I glanced at the Gryffindor table before us and saw Reo, sitting facing us, in the same way resting his chin on his hand and his face frowned, not happy at all. Seriously, they’re duelling? This Saturday? I mean this is the first week of school and this is going to happen, a duel. I wonder what’ll happen if any of the teachers finds out, especially Professor Malfoy himself. That is not to happen, I hope.

     “Ezrille?” I softly called her. No response came back. “EZRILLE?” I shook her shoulder. She instantly flinched back and blinked so obvious that she had lost her conscious since a few minutes ago.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" she asked trying to blink away the tears that were forming at the corner of her eye. "Urm..." I procrastinated, thinking the perfect words I should say but could not help myself from focusing at her pain filled eyes. "You sure, you want to do it?" I asked as I pushed my glasses back to place.

    "What're you talking about?" she raised both her eyebrow pretending not to know what I meant.

    "I meant the du-" I was purposely cut off by Ezrille.

"So, you got your timetable, eh?" she ignorantly pulled my time table from under my goblet and pretended to be observing it with great curiosity. I got the signal. She didn't want me to talk about it, so I let it drop. Anyway, why did she have a huge curiosity upon seeing my timetable, I didn't know, but it went bad when she saw that I’ll be having potions with Gryffindors every day.

    She immediately shoved it back under my utensils. “Good luck with Potions. I see that you’ll be having it first today.” She faintly smiled at me and looked away tearing her eyes from the Gryffindor table before us, where Reo’s eyes were locked to Ezrille, I believe. I cleared my throat and pushed another spoonful of vanilla-custard cake into my mouth. It was sweet but I shuffled it absentmindedly in my mouth as the only thought that meddled in my brain was the upcoming duel.I worried for Ezrille, who I just came to know for two days now.She cares for me and I just know that I should too. I turned to my other side and saw Scorpius chatting with the Loxias twins who had only American accents rolling out of their tongue. His face clearly showed that he had none of the matter that was bothering me in his mind. I heaved a heavy sigh before draining the remaining of my pumpkin juice.

The other of the first years were already making their way to their classes. I stood up and slumped my bag over my shoulder. Scorpius, who felt the absence of me next to him, looked up and his steel coloured eyes met mine.

“Already leaving?” he asked. I nodded.

    “It’ll take us much time to find the potions classroom in the dungeon.” I said to him. He nodded and stood up, having some last words with the Loxias twins. As we were about to move, I bade Ezrille a comforting goodbye. “Bye Ezrille, I’ll catch you later” I slowly said and patted her back. Her head fell into a nod but didn’t turn to look at me. The last thing I saw before I left was her shoulder squaring upand I knew that she was crying again.

    We had reached the dungeon again having our departure only a few hours ago. Immediately I spotted the forming crowd of first years outside one of the dungeon’s door, and I knew that it must be our potions classmates. I approached the crowd as we- Scorpius and I queued in lines. But one thing that surprised me was the awe that formed on every faces at the look of Scorpius. Almost all students were taking a step back, except for me where I stood close enough to smell his hair gel. I heard one of the muffled whispers not far from me.