Large Crowd

The feeling of the car descending woke me. Lifting my head, I looked beyond the car and saw a huge field, full of people and tents. Seamus was sitting up also, looking outside.

"Alright, children! Let's get going!" Mrs. Finnigan was in a very happy mood. I climbed out Seamus' door, not knowing how to open my own. My backpack was slung over my shoulder as we made our way through the large field to find our tent. Someone laced my fingers with their's, I looked up at Seamus, he was only ever so slightly taller than me.

"You'll be supporting Ireland I assume?" he asked.

"Of course!" I replied. We followed his parents through the field to a tiny white tent. I knew that the inside would be much bigger.

"Go on children! Go on!" Mrs. Finnigan gestured to the tent. I crawled in first and marveled at the large space. At the back left corner, a bunk bed. To our right was like a tent in a tent, a large king-sized bed with a nightstand and lamp on each side. In the back right, a small kitchen and in between that and the bunk bed was a rounded table with four chairs. Right in the center of the room, a large fireplace.

"I call top bunk!" I threw up my stuff and climbed on the top.

"I thought you hated top?" Seamus question, looking up at me.

"I do, but it's going to be cold and heat rises," I stated. He sighed a 'fine' and sat on the bottom. Giggling, I climbed down, but before I could sit by him I noticed that there were curtains that could be closed around the beds.

"Ey looks at that, curtains," Seamus said. I knew what he was thinking, and apparently, so did his father.

"Yes, and those, Seamus, will be staying open," he pointed at his son. I laughed.

"Don't worry Mr. Finnigan, unlike Seamus here, I always behave," I said, still gazing around the amazing tent. Mrs. Finnigan finally came in, holding two green and white striped hats. She handed one to me and one to Seamus. The hats were huge, but I didn't care. I pulled the hat over my head and looked in a mirror on the 'wall.' Seamus came up behind me.

"You should wear green more often, it brings out your eyes," he said. I turned and pulled his hat over his eyes.

"The only reason you say that is because you're Irish," I said, walking away from him. He laughed, pulling the hat back up. Taking off my hat, I set it on the table and took a peek outside. "There's a lot of people out there," I said. Big crowds of people bothered me. Seamus knew that, but he didn't know why they bothered me. "I think Hannah might be here," I turned and looked at him.

"We can go look for her if you want," he said. I nodded.

"Okay, sure, yeah. Let's go."

"Mum, Dad, we'll be back in a bit, gonna go take a look around!" Seamus announced as we exited the tent.

"Alright, be very careful out there! Our tent number is 1286," Mr. Finnigan called. I grabbed Seamus' hand as we left. There were loads of people outside, dwarfs, witches, wizards, all kinds. You could easily tell the difference between the Irish and the Bulgarian supporters. Ireland was sporting beer, green and white. Bulgaria, red and black. People were making bets, kids were yelling with joy, everyone looked so... happy.

"You alright there, Lass?" Seamus asked, using the nickname he had just started using this morning.

"Yeah, I'm just really tired and there's a lot of people here," I said, looking for Hannah," You know, this would be a lot easier if we had an owl," I mumbled. Seamus nodded in agreement.

"She say she was gonna be here?" he asked.

"Yeah, just never gave me a time," I muttered. I spotted a woman with long red hair walking with a large barn owl on her shoulder. Running up to her, I asked, "Excuse me, miss?" She turned around," Do you think I could borrow your owl?"

"Why?" she asked in a deep Irish tone.

"I have a friend who is here and I just need to find her," she thought for a moment.

"Alright, just be careful with her," she set the owl on my shoulder. I got a quill and ink from someone and wrote on a piece of paper,

Hi

On the other side, I wrote, "Hannah Clint." The owl took the paper and began to fly in the same direction Seamus and I were already going in. I jogged after the owl. People gave us odd looks as we went as we went by. We had only run past ten-fifteen tents when the owl swooped down. There were people blocking our view, I carefully got through. Outside of a tent, I saw Hannah facing away from me. Turning to Seamus, I put my finger to my lips and walked towards her. I got right behind her and casually said,

"Hey," she jumped and turned around. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god! Hey!" she hugged me, "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Um, Seamus showed up with his parents at my house this morning!" I replied.

"Wow, uh come in, come in," she climbed inside the tent. I entered, Seamus right behind. It was exactly like ours, tent in a tent and everything. Hannah went and sat at the table and began telling us about her summer.

"Have you talked to Carson since we left school?" I asked, sipping the tea she had given me.

"No, I know she wouldn't mind but I don't want my mum finding out about us," she said.

"So you just don't talk to him?" I raised an eyebrow. She shook her head. We all talked for about an hour before I noticed Seamus getting kind of bored. "We should get going," I stood up.

"Ok, I'll see you at the match later," she hugged me, "Go Bulgaria!" I gasped dramatically.

"You are insane! I'll see you there," we walked out. The crowd had only gotten larger.