Fine

"Just tell me what's wrong!" Seamus insisted. About half an hour ago we got into an argument. He knew there was something wrong, I just didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to talk about the argument Hannah and I had gotten into because it was kind of a dumb thing to be this upset about.

"No!" I snapped. We were in the Common Room. Everyone had left early to breakfast, due to the argument.

"Why not?"

"Because okay? It's stupid. It isn't important!" My voice was slowly rising as I stood from the couch.

"Obviously it does if you're in a bad mood because of it!" he raised his voice slightly. I grit my teeth and said,

"I'm not in a bad mood!"

"Yes, you are! You have been all morning!" He came towards me, "Just tell me what happened." He lowered his voice.

"I don't want to talk about it right now!" I snapped again.

"You know what? Fine! Whatever!" He picked up his bag and walked toward the portrait hole. "See if I try to help you again," he muttered as he left.

I sat on the couch and ran my hands through my hair. After about five minutes, I stood and grabbed my bag, heading towards class.

...

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament," Professor McGonagall glanced at Mr. Filch messing with the record player and gave him a dirty look, "since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance." The girls gasped and began to whisper excitedly, me not included. The boys all groaned.

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned.

"Silence!" McGonagall yelled. Everyone quieted down. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." She paused for a moment, "Now to dance, is to let the body breath."

"I thought we breathed through our lungs. Isn't that breathing enough?" I asked. She ignored my comment and continued talking, turning to the girls.

"Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight."

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan," Ron said to Seamus. Both of them thought it was quite funny. The Professor continued.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance."

"Aren't lions supposed to be smart?" I asked loudly enough for the boys to hear. Ron gave me a death glare, I smirked.

"Mr. Weasley," McGonagall approached him.

"Yes?" He looked terrified. The other boys tried to duck down and not be seen.

"Will you join me, please?" The boys all stifled laughs. As Ron got up, I whistled. "Now, place your right hand on my waist," Professor McGonagall directed.

"Where?" he asked as if she'd said something way worse.

"My waist." The boys laughed harder and whistled. "And extend your arm. Mr. Filch, if you please." Mr. Filch started the music. She began to mutter to Ron, "1,2,3, 1,2,3, 1,2,3," over and over. I didn't bother to listen until I heard, "Everybody come together. Boys, on your feet!"

Almost every girl got up. I stayed seated. Neville was the only boy to get up. Eventually, the teacher noticed me. By this time, most of the boys had gotten up. "Miss Y/LN?" I looked up from what I was doing, staring at the floor thinking of Seamus and I's fight, "It seems you are the only young lady not dancing." I shrugged.

"I'm not really into you know, dancing. So, I think I'll just sit this one out," I said to her. She shook her head and came towards me.

"Nonsense! Why don't we pair you up with your special friend, Mr. Finnigan!" Seamus looked up at hearing his name from across the room. My eyes widened.

"No, no, no. Um, that's okay. Really! I'm fine!" I exclaimed in an overly happy tone. She pulled me up. "I'm fine, really!" She walked me to the middle of the dance floor, then went to Seamus. He argued for a moment before she yanked him up and led him to me by his hand. She made sure we were right in front of each other. After we didn't budge, she placed our arms in the proper places and pushed us together more.

"Come on now! 1,2,3, 1,2,3!" she encouraged. We started dancing like she said, even though we weren't on the best of terms.

"You know, I overreact too much..." I began, glancing up at Seamus. "I'm sorry about everything this morning. I was being an asshole," I said, looking down at my feet. I half expected him to ignore me.

"No, I should've just left you alone," he responded. I looked up at him. I felt really guilty, how could I get so mad at him?

"I can't stay mad at you, especially when I have nothing to be angry for. I- I'm just really sorry. I should have just told you what was going on...You deserve to know."

"Y'know, this is the first time you've talked to me all day," Seamus chuckled. I smiled sheepishly and looked up at him.

"Does that mean you accept my apology?" I asked. He nodded,

"Yeah, I guess I'll forgive you, but only because you're so damn stubborn and wouldn't leave me alone until I did," he replied. I put a hand to my chest, pretending to be offended.

"Well, if that's the only reason you're gonna forgive me, then I don't want to be forgiven," I stated. We laughed.

"I'm kidding, Lass, of course, I forgive you." He leaned down and kissed me.

"Ah, ah, ah! None of that!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed, waving a finger at us. 

Hello everyone! I'm back and plan to update again sometime this week! I've been spacing my chapters out a bit because I only have 18 done and still haven't finished writing this book. Anyway, thank you so much and give me some feedback in the comments or tell me if you like the book! Love you guys!