Age Potion

Most everyone went to the Great Hall when we had a free period or had time. We would watch as the anxious 17-year olds put forth their names. I was sitting on a bench reading when Cedric Diggory was pushed into the circle. He smiled as he entered his name. My reading was interrupted, yet again, when the Weasley twins ran in. Everyone cheered. They ran behind me.

"Thank you, thank," they high-fived people as they ran by, "Well lads, we've done it!" said one of them. Honestly, I couldn't tell them apart.

"Cooked it up just this morning," said the other. Hermione looked up.

"It's not going to work," she said in a sing-song voice. They sat beside her. I stood and walked over.

"Oh yeah?" one of the twins asked.

"Why's that, Granger?"

"Because, that's an age line," I said, pointing to the blue line around the Goblet of Fire. Hermione nodded in agreement.

"Dumbledore drew it himself," she finished for me.

"So?" one said. Fred? Maybe. I sat beside him.

"So, I'm pretty sure Dumbledore would've thought of an age potion," I said.

"Exactly, he wouldn't be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion," Hermione explained, closing her book.

"Especially when he knew that you two would be the ones to try it," I concluded.

"But that's why it's so brilliant," Fred said to me. At least I think it was Fred.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted," George told Hermione. I rolled my eyes, as did she. They stood. "Ready Fred?"

"Ready George." They locked arms and drank the potions they had bragged about. They jumped on the bench into the circle.

"Yes!" they said together. Everyone cheered. They ran in the circle and high-fived people again. Then, they put in their names. When nothing crazy happened they high-fived each other. "Yes!" Just then, blue flames swirled around, throwing the twins passed the crowd. They began to fight. Hermione moved down. Everyone cheered 'fight!'

"Didn't we tell you?" I mumbled, shaking my head as I went back to my book.

Everyone stopped cheering and turned, the quiet caused me to look up. Igor Karkaroff and Viktor Krum walked in. As Viktor entered his name, he stared at Hermione. He walked out, and I nudged Hermione. She smiled lightly, trying to hide a blush. I began to get into my book again when Seamus sat beside me, joined by Dean.

"What'cha readin'?" Seamus asked.

"A book," I replied.

"Well, I can se that. What is the book?" I looked up at him. Showing him the cover, I said,

"It's a Defense book."

"That seems boring," said Dean. I scoffed,

"It is."

Thursday night finally rolled around. Everyone gathered in the Great Hall. Some sat at the tables, some on the bleachers. People excitedly talked and laughed. I sat between Seamus and Fred when Dumbledore said,

"Sit down, please. Now the moment you've all been waiting for! The champion selection," he turned and slowly dimmed al the lights in the room. I squeezed Seamus' arm excitedly. Dumbledore approached the Goblet, he walked to it and backed away. The flames turned a bright cherry red. We had to look away because it was so bright. A burning piece of paper shot out and fluttered into Dumbledore's waiting hand. He turned it over and read it, "The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!" They cheered loudly as Krum stood and came down to shake hands with Dumbledore. Viktor then went into a backroom. Once again, the flames turned red as another name fluttered into the Headmaster's hand. "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour," We all clapped as she entered the back room, "The Hogwarts Champion... Cedric Diggory!" Hogwarts definitely clapped the loudest. As always, Seamus whistled as Cedric left. "Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!" As he said it a bright blue was uncovered, revealing the cup. I clapped with everyone. Hearing a whoosh! we all looked back at the cup...

It was swirling in blue flame.

Dumbledore approached it, it turned red. Suddenly... a fourth flaming piece of paper shot out.

"That's not supposed to happen," I whispered to Seamus. We made eye contact for a moment before looking back toward our Headmaster. Dumbledore snatched the paper from the air. He muttered the name, he said it so quietly we couldn't hear.

"Harry Potter?" Everyone heard this time. I looked at Harry, who was right next to Seamus. He sat down more, trying not to be seen, "Harry Potter!" his name boomed.

"Go on Harry," Hermione pushed him gently.

"Harry, you have to go," I said. He didn't move.

"Harry for goodness sake." Hermione got him up. He looked terrified, bewildered. Everyone gave him odd looks. They all whispered as he passed into the room. Everyone was completely silent. Most of the professors rushed into the room after him.

"How?" I mumbled. We all were told to make our ways to our dorms. Seamus grabbed my hand as we made our way to the Gryffindor tower.

"It's obvious! He got an older student to put his name is," Ron said angerly, going upstairs. I shook my head, I didn't believe Harry did it.

"He's not that stupid," I said to Seamus. That's when Harry came in.

"I'm going to bed, Lass," Seamus said, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Ok," we kissed for a moment.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said, going upstairs.

Hello everyone! I am on Spring Break, so I hope I will get to post another chapter this week! I know my writing isn't the best, but I hope you are all enjoying reading this story, I really enjoy writing it! Anyway, please leave me any advice or feedback in the comments, thanks!