Broom Closets

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER INVOLVES PANIC ATTACKS! IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED OR YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THESE KINDS OF THINGS PLEASE DON'T READ! STAYING MENTALLY HEALTHY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN READING THIS!

            "Come on, it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad," Ron said to Hermione. We were in Study Hall taking notes and they were sat two people down from me. I tried to ignore Ron's rude comments.

"I won't be going alone, because, believe it or not, someone's asked me!" Hermione whisper/yelled, getting up and giving her notes to Professor Snape. She came back to grab her stuff, "And I said yes!" She stormed away and left the Great Hall. Harry and Ron murmured to each other, earning them a hit on the back of the head by Snape.

"Ron!" I whispered sharply. He gave me a confused look, glancing over his shoulder at the professor. "Why the hell would you say that?"

"I was just asking!"

"No, you were just trying to be an arrogant as-!" Seamus nudged me, and I stopped speaking, quickly going back to my notes. Snape came over to Harry and Ron, grabbed their heads and pushed them down. They groaned in frustration. I stifled a laugh.

I was just getting done with my notes when Seamus closed his notebook,

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded,

"Yeah, just a second." I finished writing as he gave his notes to Snape, grabbed his stuff and walked out. I would've yelled at him for leaving without me, but I didn't want detention. I got up and gave my notes to Professor Snape and left, bag over my shoulder. I hugged my books to my chest and used my shoulder to push the big doors of the Great Hall open.

Seamus was to the right, leaning against the wall. When he saw me, he rushed over and pulled me to him by my hips. Our lips collided. I was still trying to hold onto the books in my hands as I kissed him. I pulled back a bit to speak.

"As much as I'm," *kiss* "really into," *kiss* "this," I pulled away and looked up at him, "I don't wanna get caught by Snape or Professor McGonagall. We'll get detention." He thought for a second before grabbing my left hand.

"I have an idea!" he exclaimed, pulling me down the hall.

"Of course, you do," I said, laughing lightly. I held onto my books securely, not wanting to drop them.

We went up two flights of stairs and down three hallways. Finally, we reached a door slightly smaller than all the rest.

"It's just a broom closet, but it's better than the hallway," he shrugged.

"Works for me!" I smiled, pulling him behind me into the small room.

The room had shelves on almost every section of wall. A small stool sat by an even smaller glassed window. Right beside the window was the only wall with nothing covering it.

Hearing Seamus drop his bag and books I turned around. He crashed his lips onto mine, pulling me closer to him by my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he backed us up and pinned me between him and the wall. I realized I was still holding my bag and books, so I dropped them beside us, keeping the kiss unbroken. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as he pulled my bottom lip between his teeth, making my face heat up. If possible, I pulled him closer to me. Our bodies curved against each other, trying to get closer.

The realization of what we were doing suddenly hit me. We were in a broom closet, making-out...we were in a broom closet making-out! I began to feel really panicked and my hands started sweating. I gently pulled away from Seamus and slipped out of his arms to sit on the stool quickly. The small room suddenly felt very stuffy and claustrophobic.

"What's wrong?" Seamus asked, kneeling in front of me. My hands were shaking, and tears started welling in my eyes. I knew I was about to have a panic attack but didn't mention.

"I just-what if-," I stumbled over my works, "what if a teacher comes looking and we-." I felt the tears leave my eyes and I held my head in my hands, gripping at my hair, wanting to hold onto something. I flinched as he rested a hand on my knee. Thinking about the fact that he probably thought I was crazy sent me into a bigger panic. My brain started to feel foggy.

"Hey, hey, you're alright," Seamus said. He sat down on something beside me and pulled me to his chest.

Seamus' POV

Instinctively, Y/N tried pulling away from me. I'd only seen her have a couple of panic attacks, but I knew she always tried to pull away at first. Seeing her like this broke my heart. Her hands were tangled in her hair, pulling at it and she was breathing heavily, muttering quietly. She started to rock back and forth slowly. I could tell she was crying by the way her shoulders shook. I didn't know why she was crying, but I don't think she did either. Sometimes, it's just like that. I gently grabbed her hands and pulled her fingers from the fists she was making. She tried pulling her hands away from me but wasn't strong enough. I held her hands in mine and pulled her into my arms, keeping her hands away from her.

"It's okay Lass, you're okay," I whispered into her hair as she sobbed into my chest. I held her tightly.

"I can't breathe, I can't breathe," she muttered. She was breathing heavily.

"Yes, you can, Lass. You can do it." I tried to calm her down, but to be honest, I didn't know what to do, but I was trying my best. It was like I could feel her breaking down as I held her.

After a good five minutes, she began to calm down. She had wrapped her arms around my torso and didn't let go. I felt needed and wanted. Her breathing began to steady, and her grip loosened as she sat up and leaned onto my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and kissed the side of her head. I could hear her sniffling as she stared down at her lap. Her hands were still shaking.

Regular POV

"You okay, Lass?" Seamus asked, kissing the side of my head again. Tears were still cascading down my face. I nodded and lifted my head, wiping away my tears with the edge of my sleeve.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"For what?" he asked, gently.

"For that. For freaking out like that. I don't know why I did it, I'm really sorry." Tears pricked my eyes again as I thought about what I put him through.

"Lass, I don't mind. It's not your fault. Don't be sorry about things like that, it's not a problem for me," he said. I nodded.

Seamus' POV (Yes, again)

Hailey had taken Y/N up to bed and sat with her until she fell asleep. Dean and I waited downstairs until Hailey finally came back down.

"She okay?" Dean and I asked at the same time.

"Yeah, she'll be okay, she's just exhausted," she explained, sitting down beside me. Dean went back to what he was doing. "You did good Seamus," Hailey said, referring to how I calmed Y/N down.

"I- I didn't know what to do..." I trailed. Hailey smiled and patted my shoulder.

"And yet, she's okay. It could've been worse." I nodded at her.

"Listen, don't tell her, and don't punch me, but I like her more than just liking her..." Hailey gave me a knowing look. "Do you know what I mean?"

"Yeah," she smiled, "you love her."

"Yeah...I do."  

Hey everyone! As I said, I won't be able to update tomorrow through next Monday because I will be on vacation and we'll be camping the whole time. Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed! I really don't like this chapter to be honest. Anyway, if you like the band Why Don't We, go check out my Why Don't We Preferences! Again, thank you so much for reading and leave feedback in the comments! I love you all!