The Goblet of Fire

It took a while to convince Mom and Dad that it was safe for me to go back to school. Finally, the day before we were supposed to leave, they agreed.

"Write me as soon as you get there, your father too," Mom said as she hugged me and my sisters. Hailee wasn't her daughter, but she wanted her to feel she had a mother figure.

"Ok Mom, I've got to go," I pulled away and smiled at her,"I love you guys."

"I love you too!" my parents said in unison as I boarded the train.

Millie was squawking quietly to herself in her cage as I tried to find either Seamus or Hannah. Hannah had written me back late the night before last, saying that she was okay and so was Carson. Relieved, I had sent her another letter saying I'd see her at school. The train began to move and I was still trying to find the compartment Seamus was in. Finally, I found Dean and Seamus sitting in a compartment, looking over a newspaper. I slid open the doors and put Millie in the seat across from them, along with my bag. I loaded the rest of my bags into the above compartment.

"Aye, Lass," Seamus said, looking away from the paper.

"Hey," I gave him a quick peck on the lips before going back to Millie. I unlatched her cage and let her perch atop the cage,"Has the Ministry figured out who conjured the Mark?" I asked, having seen yesterdays copy of The Daily Prophet.

"No, not yet," Dean said. I sat down beside Seamus and looked over his shoulder at the paper,"You'd think they would though, considering how many witch and wizards there are and the fact that they were there."

"We're wizards, Dean, not miracle workers," I responded, grabbing the paper from his hands to read it over myself. Millie began to squawk and flap her wings repeatedly without actually flying.

"What is she doing?" Dean asked. I glanced at her.

"She knows the trolley's down the hall. She's hungry," I responded. As if on cue, in the distance, I heard,

"Anything from the trolley?" Dean looked astonished.

"How does she do that?" he asked, I laughed.

"Y'know Dean, just cause ya ask every year, doesn't mean the answer will change," Seamus said. I went and sat beside Millie, she climbed on my shoulder and nuzzled against my head.

"Anything from the trolley?" she was a few compartments down. Millie squawked loudly.

"Yeah, I know Millie, good god. Just a minute!" I said as she nipped at my ear furiously, "You better knock it off," I said to her, "or I will starve you. Here, go bug Seamus, I'll get you something." she happily flew onto his shoulder. He began to pet her, "You guys want anything, while I'm up?" I asked the boys, standing to get coins from my suitcase. They muttered, 'no's.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" she asked, I stood.

"Uh, two licorice wands, and two lollipops," I said, giving her the coins, "Thank you." I closed the doors and turned around. Throwing the lollipops at the boys, I sat down beside Seamus.

"We said we didn't want anything," Dean said. Yet, he unwrapped it and began to eat.

"Aw, that sucks, doesn't it?" I said sarcastically. I unwrapped one of the wands and called to Millie. She jumped from Seamus' lap to mine and tried to take the candy, "Millie! Don't be nippy!" I gave it to her and, she took it gently this time. "Good girl, go eat over there," She flew back onto her cage. Seamus and Dean chuckled, "What?" I asked.

"Nothin'," they said, shaking their heads.

"Tell me," I whined.

"Really Lass, it's nothing," Seamus said. I stuck my tongue out at him.