08: Pillow Tears

Beck always thought that he wasn't good enough

He thought that people deserved better than him, that's why he often remained quiet.

Silent.

Seeing his friends laugh and joke mad a small smile appear on his face, but there was always a part of him that wondered if he deserved it.

If he deserved them.

He was thankful to have such good friends, to have such people who care for him but he felt conflicted.

He didn't know what to feel.

If anyone looked at Beck, they would think he was always high, even if he just had cropped, tousled hair. It was often his slight muscular structure and his expression which would make people stay away.

Make people afraid of him.

"Ah, you shithead, you won again!" Kashton groaned and Arlo smirked cheekily, making Kashton glare at him.

Beck rolled his eyes in annoyance over their constant arguements.

Family or not, there were moments where Beck wanted to punch them.

"Hey Beck," Jeff called him and Beck raised his eyebrows, turning towards him.

"Yeah?"

"Your hair is going back to normal," he pointed out, and Beck touched his once clumpy hair, quickly running his fingers through it and he let out a sigh of relief.

It was safe to say, his hair was turning back to normal.

Beck shook his head, grumbling in annoyance because of that stupid girl.

That stupid, stupid, stupid girl.

Beck gave him a light smile and just looked outside the window, but a solemn expression crossed his face.

Was he okay?

-

It has been one week since Beck made his way there.

The familiar, distressed cries echoed in the hallways, but Beck didn't flinch.

Those cries were very familiar.

Beck tiredly ran his hand through his hair, breathing slowly, holding a small, brown teddy bear and a 500 paged book with his other hand, grasping it gently, yet tightly.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Beck felt his heart pounding in pure anxiety, and tried smiling but he couldn't.