10: Breaking Stereotypes

Beck took a long piece of gum and started chewing it, breathing in the fresh air around him

It was often a relaxing way to be at ease, and Beck was still not...

Eased.

She's going to die Beck, he thought to himself, and there's nothing you can do about it.

This frustrated him.

Every time.

Couldn't the doctors do something?

Anything?

Beck felt a surge of anger within him, and he shouted and kicked a rock nearby, and he let out deep breaths before dissolving into cries.

He cried, cried, cried.

His tears streets down his face, and he sniffled.

This isn't manly, his conscience thought.

Fuck manly.

He was crying for his sister.

Beck had gone MIA on his friends, and he didn't go to school much that week.

His tears slowly subsided, his wet cheeks shined against the soft, evening sunlight, which he wiped.

"What happened to you?" Zane asked, as if he were there the entire time, and Beck shook his head.

"Just the usual," Beck said, "life."

"Ah," Zane said, nodding, before taking out a pack of cigars and lighting them up, and he softly blew out the smoke from his pink lips.

Zane and Beck would often talk out their problems if they needed to, or they would just give each other a comforting presence.

Zane was a loner.

Beck did invite Zane many times to sit with him, but Zane denied Beck's requests.

He preferred being alone.

Zane had black hair, a sharp jawline, and he was about 6'1. He had soft, clear skin, long eyelashes, big eyes, and had an emotionless expression on his face 24/7.

Trying to change the subject, Zane coughed.

"A chick ruined your hair, huh?"

Beck grunted, making Zane look smug.

"I've never seen you like this," Zane said, happy that his diversion was working.

"I've never seen you so frustrated with a girl," Zane stated, and Beck scowled.

"I'm not frustrated," Beck firmly said, and Zane rolled his eyes.

"You need to get laid," Zane stated, and Beck's lips twitched.

"Fuck off," Beck said, and Zane smirked.

"What do you think I'm doing the entire time?" Zane asked, giving him a deadpan look, "selling drugs?"

Beck shrugged.

"I just don't know with you," he said, and Zane smiled.

"Nobody does," Zane replied, "and I would like to meet that chick."

Beck's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Which chick?" he asked, and Zane smirked.

"The one who caught your attention," Zane said, and before Beck could protest, he was gone, within the blink of an eye.

That fucker, Beck thought.

But even if Beck admitted it or not, Silver had caught his attention.

Her love for books, especially thriller ones, the way she styled her hair everyday..

Beck noticed many things.

And Silver, was becoming one of them.

Only, Beck was too proud to admit it.

-

Beck put his cold hands in his black hoodie, trying to warm his long, numb fingers and he tried distracting himself from the trauma.

"Beck!" a familiar voice called out, and Beck turned around, and then facepalmed.

"What Kashton?" Beck growled, and Kashton scowled at him.

"Don't 'what Kashton' me you dumbass," Kashton scowled, "you didn't even call."

Beck scrunched his nose.

"Why would I call you?"

Kashton glared at him.

"I gave you fourteen missed calls you dumbass," Kashton scowled, and Beck gave him an apologetic look.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Are you okay?"

Beck froze for a second and then he nodded slowly.

"I'm okay," he said, and Kashton hesitantly nodded.

Kashton didn't look okay.

His dark red hair was in a frenzy, and he looked horrible, like he didn't sleep for days.

"What's wrong Kashton?" Beck asked, and Kashton's expression filled with remorse.

"It's happening again. They're shaming her again," Kashton said,"and there's nothing we can do about it."

Beck clenched his fists and tried controlling his anger.

"How is that her fault?" Beck asked, shaking his head and Kashton shrugged.

"It isn't her fault," he said, "everyone is too judgy nowadays."

Beck nodded.

"That's true."

There was utter silence between the both of them.

"Let's do it," Beck said, and Kashton looked at him, scrunching his brows.

"Let's make her happy."

Kashton's sister was getting slut shamed.

But with both the problems in hand, Beck didn't know how to react.

Everything was weighing down on him.

Beck needed to talk to some adult, some parent figure.

Beck knew he was just procastinating, but he wasn't ready.

He wasn't ready to see his mum.

-

Poor Beck.