Chapter Three

AN: The above image is one of the Twinblades of the Deceiver, reforged by Kaldrun and the magics of the Old Gods. Of course, they are twin blades, so the other one is identical. The symbol on the hand-guard (the center of the glaive) is that of the Illidari order.

Also, sorry this chapter took so long to release. I assure whatever fans are out there that the chapters following will be released much faster.

October 21, 2017

8:17 AM

Kaldrun hadn't included every detail of this story, but supposed that Erin must have figured them out anyway. She was not unintelligent. When he stopped talking and looked up at her, she jumped slightly and made silent movements with her mouth, as though grasping for what to say.

"That's...cool."

"You think I'm crazy." Kaldrun frowned. It was not a question.

Erin looked up at him incredulously, "No, not at all! It's just that... I dunno. It sure sounds crazy, but I've seen a lot of things that most people would think is impossible, I guess."

The elf in human skin softened, more relaxed, "I see."

Erin opened her mouth as though to say something, closed it again, then said, "So you're not actually human?"

At this Kaldrun laughed, "No, Erin. I am a night elf, a Kaldorei. My appearance was altered by the rift, my senses dampened. It is unfortunate. These human bodies are so fragile. I have no idea how your kind has survived and evolved to this point."

Erin said nothing, only frowned slightly. She was unsure how to feel about what may have been an insult.

Kaldrun cleared his throat, "Ah, I apologize. I meant no offense."

Erin made a noncommittal grunt, and both were silent for a time.

After a few moments, she spoke, "You might want to change. As nice as those robes are, I'm pretty sure that our goal is to remain under the radar. People around here don't really wear that kind of stuff."

Kaldrun cleared his throat and agreed. Erin was about to speak but there was a flash of light, a rush of wind, and suddenly the human-elf was dressed in faded blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt, and despite the almost casual effort required for the spell, his forehead was beaded with sweat.

Erin chuckled softly, "Oh. Alright."

Kaldrun stood and stretched, his joints popping, "Unfortunately, I cannot stay. I must go about trying to locate my weapons."

It was then that Erin stood up and nearly squeaked, "I could help, maybe."

Kaldrun gazed down at her stonily, inexpressive. She was unsure why she felt so strangely insignificant around this newcomer. Erin was sure that she had more combat experience than the average military soldier, despite not having official training. She was extremely agile, and just as charming when she needed to be. Her hand-eye coordination was that of a fighter pilot, her perception and judgement nearly psychic. Yet somehow she knew that she was as an insect to this man in terms of power.

"No."

Erin blinked, "Why not?"

"No."

"Why not?"

Kaldrun sighed, "You are familiar with combat?"

"Yes."

"You can traverse an environment efficiently?"

"You mean like parkour?"

"Yes."

"Then, yeah."