Chapter 5

AN: Here it is, guys. The book is finally beginning. We're (more or less) done with introductions and character creation. The meat and potatoes of the narrative is about to begin. Buckle up, motherfuckers.

Oh, and that picture up there is a large N'raqi, or Faceless One. Essentially the same as Gan'esh would look.

October 31st, 2017

8:30 PM

It was like a scene from a movie. A swirling storm brewed, crackling red lightning. There was an appliance store that hadn't been touched, despite all the destruction surrounding it. A television inside showed a female reporter that looked on the verge of tears. In a shaky voice she reported on the horrifying news as it came in. The woman indicated an image in the corner of the screen that relayed the camera of a helicopter. The helicopter circled over the source of all the panic. A massive tentacle beast carrying a huge, runed blade carved a trail of destruction through the city. It marched over buildings like they were cardboard cartons and crushed people beneath its feet like grapes. Upon its shoulder sat a being that could vaporize the city without even breaking a sweat. However, this being was Yogg'Saron, a cruel, hateful Old God that enjoyed watching his minions crush his enemies for him.

The plan had pulled through perfectly. Gan'esh, mounted by Yogg'Saron, led by Erin, crashed through Seattle like it was nothing, and after about an hour of messing around and massacring people, reached the city hall. Cackling like a madman, the mayor exited, dressed in a sharp tuxedo, expecting a warm welcome.

Behind the mayor stood several employees, gawking. The mayor called out to Yogg'Saron, "O, mighty Old One! I am honored to be graced by your presence! I would like to formally--"

That was as far as he got before the wind was knocked out of him. Yogg'Saron turned his full gaze toward the poor old man, and his power was so great that his mere look sent the mayor hurtling into the crowd behind him. After standing and dusting himself off, he looked around incredulously, "W-What was that?!"

Yogg'Saron's voice shattered the haze of chaos, "Silence!" and suddenly all was quiet. Even the police cars that were attempting to drive over the rubble stopped, their drivers and passengers getting out to watch. The army of Faceless Ones fending off the policemen on foot stopped fighting and turned to listen to their creator, as did their opponents.

"I am the almighty Yogg'Saron! Behold, mortals, the god of death! The Black Empire has come to eradicate your pitiful lives! Bow before me and be spared, or die!"

Several hundred of the surrounding civilians got on their knees, many of them sobbing, and not a few without bladder failures. Those that did not kneel stood entranced. One young policeman stepped forward and shouted, "Hey, you bitch! You're in goddamn America! Land of the fuckin' free! Ain't know motherfuckin' god of death gonna eradicate us or nothin'! Jus' wait 'till the United States fuckin' Army gets here! Your ass'll be blown away in a fuckin' heartbeat!"

And in the next heartbeat, he exploded. Quite simply, a red light enveloped him, and he exploded in a sphere of red fire and human bits. Those around him that were enveloped in the flames were purged from existence. As the flames licked their flesh and clothes, their flesh and clothes burned in a haze of black smoke, leaving not even ashes.

Yogg'Saron looked throughout the crowd and saw many more people beginning to kneel, "Any other foolish heroes that wish to step forward? Come, face me! Your fate will be worse than that ignorant speck, I assure you!"

Nobody stepped forward, "So I thought."

Yogg'Saron snapped his fingers and all those that were kneeling were teleported to the pocket dimension that would house the future slaves. He then turned to Erin, "Commander! All the weak-willed in this city have been removed for later use! Any mortal you find is to be eradicated, unless they come forward willingly to join!"