Chapter Four

Man, I am so sorry about how long these chapters take to post. I got really busy and really just almost forgot about the book, to be honest. But I'm back and bitchin', and hopefully I can start turning out chapters faster.

AN: The above image is Yogg'Saron's true form. He sits within a pool of icy water, his tentacles driven deep into the earth below him. The reason the Titans have yet to kill the Old Gods is because the latter has intertwined themselves so deeply into the planet that their death would tear the world apart. So the Titans settle with imprisoning them deep underground.

October 21st, 2017

12:31 PM

Erin awoke in a cold, dark room, on a hard floor that felt like glass. She stomped, wondering if it was, but it felt as solid as stone. She turned her head and looked around, but it made no difference, for there was not a single photon to provide light. She got to her knees and began to crawl around, using her hands like antennae to feel around. She found a wall about a foot away that curved a few feet up. She followed it with her hands but it went high above her. She could make the conclusion that she was in some kind of huge and smooth stone sphere.

Unsure where to go from here, she layed down and began to cry. Tears of burning hate rolled down her cheek and she choked on her sobs. She flailed and pounded her fists and screamed like a child, her shouts of spite reverberating through her prison chamber. Hate towards what, she wasn't sure, but hate, and lots of it.

Erin rolled onto her back and took deep breaths. She was suddenly overcome with fear, fear so consuming that she couldn't think. She simply sat there, shutting down, totally giving up on herself. She sighed, a morbid sound like a death rattle, and for all she knew, it was. She could die here and that filled her with hate and fear, but also with hope. Her hate fueled her, inspired her to escape. Erin stood and began feeling the walls for any sort of imperfections she could take advantage of, like cracks or dents. She drew her hands across the perfectly smooth, round walls, becoming more and more frustrated and her lack of success. Out of rage she punched the wall, causing an explosion of red sparks.

The sparks illuminated the walls, which she found to be transparent. In the split second she could see her surroundings, she saw she was in a transparent bubble in a... warehouse? She saw walls outside the bubble that were made of ridged metal, but otherwise made not of nothing else. Nothing else besides the reaction she got from her chamber when she punched it.

Erin punched it again, despite the throbbing pain in her fist from the first strike. Nothing happened. She struck again. Nothing. She threw her head back and screamed, hot tears welling up in her eyes, and began to pound at the walls, producing explosions of sparks and sounds like thunderclaps. Finally, she drew back her fist and struck, producing a massive blast that shot her to the other side of the bubble, where she slammed into the wall at a painfully high velocity. 

Standing, rubbing her raw fists, Erin walked cautiously to where she assaulted the bubble, and suddenly her prison rippled momentarily beneath her. She stopped dead, and then she was falling. After a couple feet she collapsed on a floor that she immediately recognized as cold, dank concrete. She supposed she was in a warehouse as she stood and dusted herself off.

Suddenly, Erin came to the realization that her handgun, a 9 mm, was still resting on her hip. She removed it from the holster and flipped the safety off. A flashlight attachment on the bottom allowed her to examine her surroundings, and she found she was in a warehouse. She noticed a door of blue metal, and approached it. There was no light from the bottom of the door, so she opened it quickly and quietly.

Peering through the doorway she found that it seemed like nothing but another warehouse. Her light revealed an open door on the other side of that warehouse. Somebody was standing in the doorway, back to her. The person, likely a female, was hunched down much in the fashion Erin herself was, and was wearing a dirty white tank top, like Erin herself was. She decided not to tamper for now and closed the door, but it created a clang much louder than she intended. Behind her she heard another clang, causing her to jump.