Chapter 13

AN: That image is the Scarab Wall. It is a collosal construction that keeps C'thun and the Qiraji inside Ahn'Qiraj. Walls similar to this have been erected throughout the new Black Empire's territories, and the biggest of these walls stretches from the edge of the Old Gods' empire in British Colombia, Canada, laterally through the eastern portion of the Midwest, and it is being constructed to turn west and cut off Los Angeles from the rest of California, thus breaking any hope of escape.

Erin's wrists had begun to bleed.

Trails of sweat cut lines down Redrumei's dirty face.

Both were prodded along with blades too sharp and words too harsh, but by faces too familiar.

They staggered along the ramparts of the Black Wall, feeling the beady eyes of the N'raqi and the human slaves on them.

In tattered togas, they crawled on their knees or stumbled around, a look of fear pasted on every prisoner's face as they hammered in nails, secured metal plating, and carved fetishes of the Old Gods on every surface.

Soon, Redrumei and Erin would join those slaves, but likely not for labor. Since Terrans had begun to join the forces of the Old Gods, there were many that became commanders or powerful void mages. Regardless of their talents or uses, they had risen the ranks and were living lavishly beneath the Old Gods' reign. This meant they had servants to fetch them all sorts of things to fulfill their needs of food, drink, comfort, and sex.

For Red and Erin, that was the idea.

In this case, their target was a Terran who had been inducted into the Twilight's Hammer, and his will and strength in battle allowed him to rise to the position of a commander. Likely, he had already visited Azeroth and been blessed with the Old God's gift of Void magic. At this point, there was very little known about how the Old Gods recruited their servants and how those servants were chosen to climb the ranks.

Hopefully, this first mission would allow Erin and Redrumei to learn more about the inner workings of the Black Empire, and thus tear it down from the inside.

Erin and Redrumei were the most deft and agile of the cohort, save perhaps for Kaldrun. However, in the way of softness of movement and stealth, they were the resident professionals. However, despite Mathias Shaw's preference toward strategy and being in the position of commander, he is also a master of stealth. It is mostly his age and knowledge of war that keeps him from aiding in the mission with Erin and Red.

Not that they need it.

Anyway, the mission goes like this: Erin and Red made their way past enemy lines, into a garrison of Black Terran soldiers, where they were caught, purposefully. They put up just enough of a fight to prevent being injured, and then allowed themselves to be captured. They were brought to a dungeon beneath the garrison where they were stripped, dressed in slave garments, and their hair was tied back tightly and painfully. They were branded on their backs with several runes that differentiated them from each other, like a serial number, as well as another rune that differentiated them from the laborers.

Red and Erin were all processed with a group of other female to-be slaves, some of whom recognized them and looked horribly disappointed.

Some of the females, the heavier ones or the less facially attractive ones, were branded with a different rune, a laborer rune, while the majority of traditionally attractive females were branded with the same rune as Red and Erin.

However, some were branded with a rune that neither Erin nor Redrumei had seen previously. As the prisoners were shackled and separated, those girls were led away and thrown in a cell with some other men and women. The laborer slaves were led away, upstairs and likely to where they would begin word, while Red and Erin's group were led back through the garrison and out into the sun again, where they were surrounded by Terran guards, and they waited as one went to carry a message, then returned. They were split into four groups, and, of course, this led to Erin and Redrumei being separated.