Day 6

12 - 6 - 17

(Name)

Layering clothes upon clothes, I still continue to shiver violently. I sit on the blanket I had laid on the grass prior. Thankful for the calm wind weather, I grab my cup of hot chocolate and sigh blissfully at the warmth it radiated. I watch the basketball team disperse into different sides of the court while taking a few sips. Riko walks up to me and sits beside me. "Can we do just one round?" I beg, adjusting my legs underneath me. Unfortunately, Riko shakes her head. "We're gonna do five," Riko tells me. I internally cry and turn to face the boys. They get into position and I cover my ears before Riko blows the whistle. The boys move rapidly, trying to ignore the cold air, and stomp out the opponent. Riko sighs, a breath of visible carbon dioxide appearing, and I turn to her. "It's close to your first anniversary with Kuroko-kun, huh?" She questions, glancing at me. I nod, feeling a warmth spread across my cheeks. I rub my neck nervously, a habit I took in overtime, and laugh lightly. "Yeah, I'm really nervous about it."

"How come?" Riko asks, raising an eyebrow. I bring up my scarf to cover my lower half of my face. "I-I don't know what to get him. I also don't know how to celebrate it," I pause, blushing. "I-I mean I do, I-I just don't know if he'll like the way I'll celebrate it." Riko's shoulders start to shake and I frown, biting the inside of my cheek. "Riko-senpai, don't laugh!" I whine, turning away to sip my hot chocolate. "S-Sorry, (Last Name)-san, but you have nothing to worry about," Riko tells me. "How do you know?" I turn to her. "Kuroko-kun likes you, and it might sound cheesy coming from me, but he'll be okay with however you two spend it."

The scarf falls from my fingers and I blush profusely. "T-Thanks, Riko-senpai."

"Eh, why are you blushing at my words?"

"I was just thinking about how we could spend it," I pause, placing my cup down and burying my face in my new mittens. I squeal with excitement and pull away from my hands, giggling and smiling. "Just thinking about Tetsuya doing affectionate things like cuddling and kisses on top of my head. Haha, ha!" I scream again, catching the attention of the game. I fall onto my back and cover my face once more. I hear Riko turn to the group and she laughs awkwardly,"Don't worry about her, she's fine."

"Geez, (Last Name)-san, you need to calm down from time to time." Riko scolds me. I giggle and sit up. I smile at her and take my cup into my hands. "Can't, I drank hot chocolate," I sigh happily, lowering my voice. "And I'm excited about all the things to come with my relationship." I shut my eyes and sip my hot chocolate. "You love him, don't you?" Riko questions. I open my eyes and look over, witnessing her gushing at the 'romantic' aspects. "Yeah, I do love him."

Now, it became Riko's turn to squeal. I look over to the group and wave them off, mocking Riko's earlier actions. 

-     -     -

Riko blows the whistle loudly and I wake up from my lovely dreamscape. I yawn and sit up, rubbing my sleepy eyes. I look toward Riko and she has already stood up, walking toward the group. I follow her actions and stand behind her, staggering a bit. I yawn once more and blink my eyelids awake. Riko sends everyone off to get their coats and I tap her shoulder. "Are we done?" I question her. "Yeah, we're going out to eat food now," Riko informs me. I smile and nod. "Thank you," I tell her and look around for Kuroko. I see him walking towards me and I run over to him. "Tetsuya!" I call out, slowing down. I grab his hands and  I grin. "Great job! You did great out there!" I compliment. "Thank you," he nods. "You're welcome."

"Come on, you two! Let's eat!" Kagami calls to us. I look at him and wave. "Yeah, we're coming!" I tell him, looking back at Kuroko. I start to walk toward the group, but he tugs on my hand. I hum in confusion and turn to look at him again. "What's up?" I ask, and he shakes his head. I release his hand and caress his cheeks, trying to check his temperature. "Are you sick?" I remove my hands and move to pull off a mitten, but a pale hand stops me. I glance up at him and he moves close, and I freeze in confusion and surprise. He presses his cold, soft lips against mine and I tense up. My body heats up and I pulls away impulsively by surprise. I press a hand to my cheek and feel the overwhelming heat. 

"Oh...I'm sorry. Did you not like it?" Kuroko says dejectedly. I glance at him and shake my head, waving my hands dismissively. "No, no, no, no! I mean, yes, I liked it! I was just surprised!" I stop myself from rambling. I cup his cheeks and lean in, kissing him back like I should've done. I feel his hands slide down to my waist, pulling me close. I smile and pull away slowly, leaning my forehead against his forehead. 

"Good job, Tetsuya," I whisper, giggling.

"Oi, hurry up!" Kagami yells. I pull away embarrassed and grab Kuroko's hand. "Yeah, coming!" I tell him and drag Kuroko, rushing him exaggeratedly.