Chapter 7: school.

Michaels pov...

After our little trip life got normal again, the kids-damn that feels good to say-had to go to school again, Emily went out with Cloe and me; well I had to go to interviews and signings again. It's not that I don't love them, I really do, its just tat they take an awful lot of time; time I could have spent at home with my family.

Right now I am sitting at a radio studio ready to go live. "And we are back with global superstar Mika! Hello man, how are you?" The host-Rachel- asked and smiled. "I'm good, thank you." I smiled back, I liked her, and she was nice. "So Your new album is out, everything is going well with your family and you have a new member to add to it. How does that all feel?" She looked at me curiously. "Yes I do. The album is amazing. My family is better than ever really. Yes and we are very grateful for that." I didn't really want to talk about what happened in the past few weeks. It's not that I'm not happy we got Aiden back it's just that I don't want paparazzi to overwhelm him too. Emily and Claire are used to it by now.

After the radio interview I was finally allowed to go home. But I decided to surprise the kids at school. So I drove towards the high school I knew as the back of my hand. Every time Emily and I had to go to teachers night memories came back, some good some bad. Like when we have to go to talk to the principal, which is still the same as back when Emily went here, I actually don't want to go in there and every time I see the auditorium I think back at that dreadful day all those years ago. But that's all in the past and now I'm enjoying my kids going there.

I remembered that Claire and Aiden had to do a music project today so I decided to take a look. I walked to the classroom and when I saw them sitting there I silently thanked the god or whoever is up there. This should be fun. I quietly opened the door and since the teacher was talking to the class he saw me but I gestured him to go on and took a seat in the back of the classroom. He continued his class and I looked at the table in the front, back then Emily's seat now Claire's seat and I smiled. This is where it all started.

Then the teacher said it was time for their music project. They could sing a song, no matter if it was written by themselves or a cover, or play an instrument. I knew Claire and Aiden both were going to sing but I didn't know what. First there were Blaine and Aiden so I hid behind the girls a row in front of me. Blaine started to play piano and I saw Aiden was going to sing. I didn't even know he sang. When the verse began it brought tears to my eyes on an instant. His voice is beautiful and wait! Did he write this song?! It was truly magical. [song Aiden sings is: 'One of these days' by Olly Murs.]

"...One of these days I'm gonna find someone to love

One of these days I'll find you if I don't give up.

Time is going by, I'm only getting older

Middle of the night, it's only getting colder

Are you cold out there too?..."

Claire was next and I knew she was singing a song written by her but I wasn't ready for that after Aiden's song. I knew she could sing. She loved it so I knew she would pass. She began and I thought it was a happy song but guess not. [song Claire sings is: 'Give the love around' by The Script.]

"...Yeah, starts by givin' love to your brother,

Givin' love to your sister,

Givin' love to your misses,

Love to your mister

Givin' love to your friends,

Love to your foes,

Give the love around and back around it goes..."

Last there was a group of four girls who were singing a cover. And then the music started and my jaw almost hit the table. I quickly got myself together and smirked. 'Blame it on the Girls' this is one of my favorite songs, I wrote it for Cloe and Emily, just for fun but it was actually a good song. And I have to admit they didn't sound bad at all. Everyone started clapping and I saw Claire and Aiden share a look/ only if they knew I was here. Now this is where the fun could start. I stood up and clapped to. "We should record that sometime. Sounds awesome!" I have never seen anyone look around as quick as I saw them all turn. Their jaw all open and unbelievable looks on their faces.

I started walking towards the front of the class and smiled. Turning around I saw them all still staring at me and I grinned. "What? Is there something on my face? Please Claire tell me there is nothing on my pretty face!!" I said while walking towards her and pouting. She laughed and she slapped me playfully on the shoulder, muttering an 'idiot' under her breath. Everyone started laughing and suddenly I heard one of my favorite voices say, "What are you doing here, dad?" I smiled fondly at him and said, "Well I wanted to learn a bit about music that's all." They started laughing and I saw the teacher smile. "Okay okay, I came here to pick you up but then I thought 'what if I invite a few kids from their class to the 'Leeds' festival?'" I heard a few gasps and a few squeals and smiled. "What about Leeds?" I heard Claire ask, I knew it was her favorite festival and since she was sixteen now I told her she could go. "I'm performing there." I shrugged like it was a normal thing. I saw Claire's jaw drop open and I laughed. "Oh and of course I want you all to come." And before I knew it there was someone hugging me and the class interrupted in cheers. Looking down I saw it was Aiden and hugged back. "Thank you, dad. You're amazing." "You are, darling." And at this very moment I decided my life was perfect right now.