Chapter 9: shocked.

Michaels POV...

There infront of me stood Claire. My own daughter. How could she do this to me? She smiled at all of us and i could see she was nervous. I opened my mouth to say something but Simon beat me there. “Hello honey, whats your name?” At least he was being nive to her. “Haai Simon, my name is Claire.” She smiled shyly and suddenly a rush of protectiness and proudness overflowd me. “How old are you, Cliare?” “Im 16.” “Who did you brought with you?” “My mum, brother and my aunt.” Wait! Emily knew about this?! They are here?! “Okay, so what the dream?” Now she smiled a real smile, the smile i know so well, and she looked over all to all of us. “To make people happy with my music.” Thats like a perfect answer, not as all those other people who are like ‘i want to be famous because i get a lot of money’ or ‘i want to be known all over the world’. “Okay, we are ready when you are sweetie.” Simon smiled at her and she nodded and muttered a small ‘thank you’.

The music started playing and i grimaced. Really?! She picks this song to audition with. She started singing and iknew she could sing but this was amazing. But before she could start with the second verse the music got cut off. I looked over at Simon and i saw he signalled to them to put off the music. “I think youre a lovely girl and you have a lovely voice but this was the wrong song for you.” I looked over at Claire and i saw she was about to cry. She looked at me and i nodded at her, as to say ‘Its okay, you can do it’. “Can i maybe sing another song?” She asked. Simon smiled and nodded. “Which one would you like to sing. “Uhm…Stardust by Mika.” She said and she smiled a bright smile at me. Oh no, now she is just trying to kill me. “Go ahead, when youre ready.” She nodded and the music started.

During the song i couldnt help but think about everything we went through as a family. When the music ended i was in tears and i could see Nicole crying to, even Simon was quite. Everyoen started clapping and i stood up to applaud for her, the other three judges doing the same. I saw Claire almost in tears and i couldnt help but being proud of her. after everyone sat down Nicole began to talk, “That was-i just-im sorry.” She said while waving her hand infront of her face. “That was perfect. The emotion you put in that song, just wow.” Then it was Louis turn, “You got an amazing voice, especially for such a young girl. Is your family musical?” I tried not to laugh at that but it just slipped. This caused the other to look weirdly at me and Claire to laugh too. “Something wrong Mika?” Louis asked. “No no, please go on.” Claire smiled and answered the question politely, “Well, yes my dad. But he doesnt like to talk about him being famous.” Louis nodded and it was my turn to talk, at least i tried through the laughing. “That was beautiful. Thank you for performing my song so emotional and perfect.” Then Simon had to speak and god was i nervous for his judgement. I wonder how Claire is feeling. I bet she is just as nervous as i am. “I think you did amazing. This was one of the best auditions i have ever seen. Well done.” Claire beamed at that and i grinned.

“Now we are gonna vote.” Claire nodded, still nervous. “Louis?” “Absolutely yes.” “Nicole?” “I already love you. Its a yes for me.” “Mika?” “100% yes.” “Congratulations Claire, you have got four big fat yesses.” She smiled at all of us but before she could walk of stage she got almost knocked over by someone. Aiden. He picked her up and spun her around. Putting her down i saw he had tears in his eyes too.

It was unbelievable how much i love these two human beings. They turned to walk of the stage after Claire muttered a ‘thank you’ through the microphone when a shout of Nicole stopped them, “Wait!” I looked at her curious as to why she didnt let them walk away. She whispered something to Simon and he looked shocked but nodded. “Would the boy like to audition too?” I was shocked to say the least. Why would she want Aiden to audition too? Claire and Aiden looked at each other and i could see Aiden was panicking. I was about to get up to help them, since Aiden has the same problem as Emily, with the panick attacks i mean. But suddenly a, may i say confident, ‘i would love to’ came through the microphone. Nicole beamed at this and smiled. “Great. What song do you wanna sing?” “uhm..When I Met You by Shane Filan.” He answerd shyly.

Aidens POV…

When i ran on stage it wasnt with the intention to sing too. I just wanted to celebrate this moment with my sister. But here i am about to sing infront of a crowd of 2000 people including four of the most succesfull people in the music buisness. I wanted to sing a song from my dad but i decided against it since that would look suspisios..well in my eyes it would look like that.

After i sang i looked at my dad, for reassurance and i found it when i saw the tears in his eyes. Seeing him proud of me was the best thing in the whole world. You could say i was a real daddys boy but i  dont care, i love it. Once again everyone stood up and started clapping and i was speechless. I looked over to Claire who wsa backstage together with mum and Cloe and i saw her clapping and cheering. Mum even pinked away a few tears and Cloe just stood there grinning.

Louis smiled and said laughing, “Now im really curious about your father. You are just as good as your sister.” I just smiled at that and said a small ‘thanks’. Nicole, she has to be my favorite besides my dad of course, just sat there and stared at me. My dad nugded her and she came out of her trance. “It was-that was really amazing. You have a great voice, just like your sister indeed.”  Simon just looked at me and said, “I think we found a new star.” My mouth hit the floor at that, he really thought that?! Simon Cowell thinks i am a star?! I must be dreaming. “Thank you, Simon.” I said with a small smile. Now my dad had to speak and that made me nervous, what if he thought i was awfull? I cant handle that. “Even if it wasnt your intention to audition today, and i speak on behave of all of us when i say this, we are thankful you did.” My smile only grew with his words. “This was amazing, really.”

The voting was just like with Claire but the one that meant the most to me had to be my dads. I smiled at them and i think Louis couldnt help himself when he said, “Can you please tell me who your dad is? I swear the curiousity is killing me.” I laughed at that and looked at my dad to ask if it was okay. He simply smiled and nodded. “Well, to answer your question…” I started while i started walking towards the judges table and pressed the button infront of my dad while the X above the stage with MIKA under it lit up. Everyone gasped while my dad just laughed and high fived me.