Chapter 12: party or not?

A/N: Please dont hate me for this chapter.

Emily’s POV

Today we heard that we won our court case against the hospital. We also heard that Aiden is legally ours now.This was one of the best days of my life so far and its not even 10 in the morning yet. To celebrate this, and to tell Claire and Aiden, we decided to throw a party.  “Em, love, are you ready to go?” Michael called out from the hallway. While i made my way towards the hallway i picked up my phone and wallet and we made our way outside.

The mall is only a 5 minute walk but since we had to get a lot of stuff we went by car. Going to the mall, or anywhere for that matter, with Michael had always been a fun thing to do. I loved his fans and im more than glad to give thm the little time they get with him when they meet him. I already have him for life so i got nothing to complain, besides i know how they feel.

We made an hour through our shopping session before we heard muttering behind us and turned around. The group, mixed girls and boys, squaled and blushed. “Heeey!” Michael said cheerfully, even after all these years he didnt loose his childishness.  They all mummered their responses and suddenly they started talking all at once. “Slow down, slow down. “ Michael told them and laughed. A boy, one of the three, made there way to us, while the others stayed back to shy to come and talk to us. “Im a big fan! Could i maybe get a picture?”

After the picture taking and the small talking we finally were able to conitue our shopping. After all those years Michael finally learned that he shouldnt thank me anymore for giving him time with his fans so i got a kiss as a sign he was thankful. “Today has been an amazing day! I really hope they will like the party tonight.” I told my husband thruthfully. “It truly has been. I bet they will, remember the last party we gave?” He said back while having that little half smile of his on his face. “Of course i remember, thats when we got our little boy back.” He nodded at that and pulled me in by my waist.

-

We had been at the supermarket for half an hour now and we couldnt decide what kind of snackes we wanted for tonight which let to us having a small fight. Well, it wasnt really a fight since we both were laughing and smiling. “Why dont you just get the drinks for tonight? Get some fancy champagne.” I nodded laughing at him, knowing now he will just get everything we both wanted, which i really didnt because it would cost a lot of money. Even though we have enough money i always tried to be as cheap as i could be, i wont just throw the money away, and Mihcael is always complaing about me not giving myself enough. So when we go out together he always takes that as an opportunitie to spoil me.

Looking over every sort of champagne they had i suddenly saw the champagne we drank on our wedding. This made me smile and pick up the bottle. “A special occasion tonight?” Someone behind me said and i smiled, people are so nice and curious nowadays. “No, just because.” I told the stanger without turning around. “Reaally now? Thats an expensive bottle of liquor to buy ‘just because’.” This stanger was getting on my nerves now, why would someone be this interested in something that isnt their buisness? So i turned around and it was my intention to answer but it felt like all the air got knocked out of me.

I was set at running away but his gase kept me glued at my spot. His eyes glinstered and there was a smirk on his face. “Long time no see, no?” I swallowed and finally felt like i could breathe when i thought about Michael being in the store too. “Arent you happy to see me, sweet?” i cringed and the name and finally seemed to realise i actually had a voice i could use. “I would rather put pins in my eyes than having to look at you, Nathan.” I saw him faking a look of shock and he put his hand on his heart, “That wasnt very nice, Em.” I send him a glare, “You never had, and never will have, the right to call me those names.” He just smiled in return and just for a second i saw the boy i saw all those years ago, the one i thought i was in love with.

“Em? Love? Where are you?” i heard Micheal call out and i prayed with all my being he wouldnt come into this aisle. But of course faith wasnt with me and he turned the corner behind Nathan. When he saw me ‘talking’ to this, for him strangre, he looked at me curiously and stood behind me. “Who is this?” He asked while he eyed Nathan up and down. I gulped at that and my mouth opened and closed right after. I opened my mouth to actually tell Michael but Nathan cut me off. “You must be Michael? Im a big fan of you. Im an old friend of Emily.” He told Michael as kindly as possible while sticking his hand out for Michael to shake. Michael stepped around me and shook the hand. But Nathan had other plans and pulled him in for one of those bro hugs. I saw Michael stiffen and i hoped Nathan hadnt hurt him.

All of the sudden Michael had pulled away from Nathan and pulled me behind him. “Are you okay? Did he do anything? Did he hurt you?” And i knew it had clicked into his mind too. I shook my head no. Michael let out a sigh of relief and he turned to Nathan again. “Get the hell away from her! Get away from me! And most definatly get away from our family!” He told him with a raised voice, i tried to shush him so he wouldnt make a scene but he wouldnt listen. “Oww, did Aid tell you? I bet he did, i liked him. He is just like his mother.” That was the final drop for Michael and he lunged at Nathan. And i absolutely wished he hadnt.

-

By the time all of the commotion had died down the police and ambulance had already arrived. They finally took Nathan into custody after i told him everything. About 16 years ago, since they still hadnt found the person who attacked me, about Aiden, who i knew was more than happy to testify and about what happened earlier. The cops all thanked me  for my help and wished me the best. I smiled at them and made my way to the ambulance where they were trying to help Micheal. I just knew already he had to go to the hospital and i didnt like it, not one bit. “Whats wrong with him?” I asked one of the peramadics.  He looked and me with a sympathyful expression, “He was stabbed in his leg and got an awfully hard blow to the head.” Those werent the words i wanted to hear. I wanted to hear that he was okay and that i could take him home.