[3]

I still remember the first time I came to S

I still remember the first time I came to S.H.I.E.L.D. it was for my fourth birthday. My mother told me she had a surprise for me there but something didn't feel right, every ten to twenty minutes my mother would check her phone.

"Momma, what's at s.h.i.e.l.d.?" I asked curiously as she looked at me and smiled softly, only this time her smile didn't meet her eyes. "A world full of opportunities, my sunshine." She said as we walked towards the entrance of the facility.

When the doors opened it was like watching magic happen but, momma said the doors were machine operated but I didn't know what that meant.

There was a group of people waiting inside for us, I didn't know any of them but, they knew me. My mother knew them, she went to greet a man named, Nick Fury. He looked at me for a split second and asked how I liked s.h.i.e.l.d., I told him it was alright.

Everything was going so well, until some of the people with Mr. Fury grabbed me and I had to watch my mother leave with this look of emotional torment. Before she left she told me,"I'm so sorry, sunshine. I just... I can't handle taking care of you anymore. It's too much for me, you'll do well here, I promise."

As she left the facility, all I could do was watch her figure disappear before the doors closed and she was gone. I was hurting inside, I wanted to blast away the doors and run to my mother, I actually tried it but the metal that the doors were made of were pretty much invincible so, I started to cry and beg for my mother to come back for me.

I think I had been crying for hours until a woman approached me and held me like mother would when I was really sad. She asked if she could take me somewhere, I just nodded. She carried down a few different corridors and we entered a room, she said that this was her room.

She explained to me that her name was Natasha Romanoff. I liked her, she was like momma but, nicer. She said I could stay with her for as long as I wanted, I ended up staying in that room permanently.

She took care of me a lot, made sure I wasn't being hurt by doctors when they took blood samples. When she left to go on missions, I'd count the days until I'd be able to see her again. I knew a lot about Natasha, she had a friend that I was supposed to meet but, he was always busy.

AN; whelp, this is the first flashback of many I wanted to show you guys how Serena ended up at shield in the first place and obviously I had to put more salt in the wound with her mom leaving her there on her birthday. I'm really liking how this is turning out and as we go further in the plot you're going to realize Serena was just a girl that wanted one big happy family but, this story is not happiness and giggles. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far, I would really appreciate some feedback like what do you think should happen and all that stuff.. bye for now. 💓