[8]

Serena smiled as she woke up, today was one of the few days that she didn't have any checkups so, she was allowed to go wander in the shield headquarters

Serena smiled as she woke up, today was one of the few days that she didn't have any checkups so, she was allowed to go wander in the shield headquarters. She got dressed for the day and tapped on the door signaling whoever was on watch that she was ready to be let out. Once she was let out she ran towards the direction of the main lobby. Unlike other kids, she was given strict instructions by Director Fury to never leave the premises.

Serena had said hello to every single person that passed her, she sighed heavily out of pure boredom. She noticed an older woman approach her and say, "Hey, what're you doing here, kid?"

Upon hearing this, Serena looked at her and said,"Why wouldn't I be here? I live here?"

"Woah, hold up... so, shield is holding kids hostage?! I thought this was supposed to be the good side!" Skye said softly as she freaked out.

"Come on, kid. I'll help break you outta here." Skye said as she led Serena down a hallway, trying to find an exit. Even though, it was very much aware that Serena didn't want to leave. She promised Fury that she would stay put. 

Serena had been trying to escape Skye's clutches when she finally did she lost her footing and slammed into a stranger's leg causing her to fall to the floor. Hissing slightly, Serena looked up and said,"Please watch where you're going, it hurts to run into a leg." After saying that she walked away trying her best to lose Skye. 

Tony was slightly confused, a little girl had just blamed him for her falling and slamming into his leg. "I'm sorry, kid?" shouted towards her in confusion. Tony couldn't help but think of Danielle when he looked at the child. Remembering, where he was he looked at the older woman and said,"Please leave the girl alone, shield takes good care of her if she wanted to leave she would." He then continued on towards Fury's office, once he arrived he knocked before walking into the office. 

"You're late, Stark." Fury stated.

"Sorry, darling. I got sidetracked by a little girl with red hair." Tony teased.

"Ah, you probably met Serena. She's one of our gifted children." Fury said as he slid a manila folder towards Tony.

AN; Back at it again, ok ok I know that Skye wasn't around during the time period of Iron Man - The Avengers but, for the sake of the fic she was also next chapter is the Siberia chapter. I am so excited oof.. I'm also sad though because this means this book is coming to an ending and I am sad for that but also happy because I have so many other projects like a Bucky fic and maybe a Tony one. I hope you enjoyed this, bye!!