Chapter 14

You trudged through room after room, all of them wither looking the same or familiar, and it was driving you crazy. Eventually, though, you noticed a door that seemed to lead... outside? Confused, you opened the door cautiously to notice that the sky was dark and in front of you was a mountain range, somehow.

What confused you the most, however, was the shadowy figure standing on the nearest mountain peak. You stumbled back as it launched itself forward and landed a few paces away from you. It was a woman- her skin pale with blueish undertones and her hair a silken red, tied up.

"What are you? Human? Monster? How did you get in? I've never seen you here before." She said, her tone threatening. She had a spear in her hand, poised to throw it at you if you tried to get away. It was the same as the ones that the armoured figure had thrown at you. You gulped in fear, and with no other way to get out of this you called the only person that might be able to help you.

"Sans!"

In a flash of blue he was there, standing slightly in front of you. 

"Yo Undyne. Chill, she's with me." He said, posture relaxing as he realised you weren't in mortal danger. So she was the one in the armour. She still looked a little sceptical.

"Um... hey? I'm Y/N. I don't want to cause any trouble, I promise. And to answer your question from before, it's a little confusing. I'm half human, half monster." You reached out a hand.

"I'm Undyne." She said, shaking your hand carefully. "Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, It still might take a while for me to trust you, but I haven't had the best past experiences with humans. Not after Frisk, who, despite setting us free, I still hate, and after Cha-"

Sans shook his head, cutting off whatever she was about to say.

"Anyway, I'll see you around. Just yell if you want to train or workout or... whatever. Bye, I gotta so see Alphys." She said waving and walking off. You waved back, and Sans chuckled.

"Hey Y/N. Heard you call for me, you seriously scared me out." He said, turning to you.

"Sorry! It's not everyday a lady runs up to you with a spear. I'll just die next time, shall I?" This earned some laughter. Sans went silent when he noticed the look on your face.

"Sans, who is Chara? You can't hide that something bad happened from me." 

Sans went silent, eyes fading to pitch black.

"It's not my place to tell you. All I can tell you is that she possessed Frisk and made her do some... bad things. You'll have to ask Frisk if you want to know more." And with that, he teleported away.

Sighing, you made your way towards a door and opened it.