1•Tall Leader

(All of the artwork in this book is not mine)

The milky way was a mix of pink, black, red, and purple. Purple Sapphire's favorite Milky Way. Pink Diamond named the Milky Way after Purple Sapphire, because it was mostly purple than any other color.
"Sapphire, take a look at this," Pink Diamond said. "Take a look at this Milky Way."

Purple Sapphire ran to the giant glass window in the control room Pink Diamond was sitting in. "What is it my Diamond?" Then she saw it, her favorite Milky Way. "It's the Milky Way! The one I saw before this dreadful war started!"

Pink Diamond laughed and Purple Sapphire pressed her face against the window. "Since nobody has taken over it yet, I decided to name it after you."

"Really? Thank you, my Diamond," Purple Sapphire said. "It is a pleasure to have one of your conjured universes named after me."

Pink Diamond laughed. "After all you've done for me? You've made a perfect future for me for so long," then she looked down at the small Sapphire.

"You're the only one that accepts me. None of the other Diamonds would bring me into their division," Purple Sapphire said.

"Well, that's why you're with me. They don't let any default gem into their division, especially Yellow Diamond. All she wants is perfect gems, all of her gems are perfect and don't have a single thing wrong with them. She makes me mad sometimes," Pink Diamond said, then took a deep breath. "Pearl, please give me my schedule."

"Yes my Diamond," Pink Pearl said, walking to the controls and pressing a button. Her pearl had short pink hair and a pink suit with a short see-through skirt.

"Read it to me please," Pink Diamond said.

"Tomorrow, when Eprupton's sun is the highest in the sky, you have a meeting with all the Diamonds-"
"No! I forgot about that! I haven't even thought of what to say-"

"I'll make your future good for you, my Diamond," Purple Sapphire said. "It'll be easy and quick."

Pink Diamond smiled. "Thank you, Purple Sapphire. I'm going to head to my quarters and check on the others. Can you stay here and make sure we don't hit anything?"

"Yes, my Diamond," Purple Sapphire said, facing the window.

She heard Pink Diamond leave the room, but not her Pearl.

"You think you're so special," a voice said.

"I- aren't you supposed to be with your Diamond?"

"Aren't you supposed to be shattered to tiny pieces? You aren't a normal Sapphire. Sapphires are supposed to see the future, I don't know what you do. But Pink Diamond loves you, and if you don't stay away from my Diamond and get more freedom than me, I want you shattered."

"Well, I've already made a good future for myself, so, you're out of luck," Purple Sapphire said, and looked away. "Besides, Pink Diamond loves me."

"If you didn't have your little powers, Pink Diamond wouldn't recognize you," Pink Pearl said, then she smiled. "If your gem was cracked, you would be useless."

"Shut up Pink, maybe if you acted more like a Pearl, Pink Diamond would value you more!" Purple Sapphire snapped.

Suddenly Pink summoned her weapon from her gem. It was a sledge hammer. Pink ran to Purple Sapphire and pushed her against the window. "If you ever get a higher place than me, then I'm going to shatter you with this," Pink showed off her sledge hammer and smiled. "That's your future."

Pink turned around and headed down the aisle. "The next time I'm going to see you, is when I'm holding your gem shards in my left hand."

Purple Sapphire watched her walk down the aisle to her Diamond.
Purple Sapphire looked out the window again, the Milky Way she loved was gone, and so was her hope. Pink Pearl was right about one thing, Pink Diamond loved Purple Sapphire for her powers. If she didn't have those powers, she'd just be a normal Sapphire in Diamond's eyes.

The purple gem stared out the window, thinking of everything and nothing at the same time. She didn't know her future like other Sapphires, but she could make her own.

And that special Sapphire is me.