10•Steven

My eyes shot open as I felt the ship shake. I stood up and peeked out the door, we were going through a meteor shower. I stood up and looked over at Yellow, who was holding a Ruby in her arms.
"Yellow! Why-"
"I took her while nobody was looking," Yellow said. "Now we have a source."
"That's not a source, and one of them will notice that this Ruby is gone!" I snapped.
Yellow covered the Ruby's mouth, who was struggling to escape her strong grip. "Well, she can tell us what else Homeworld is doing, like if they known we're alive."
"Well, this one knows we're alive!" I snapped. "Minutes as well start shattering them now."
Yellow held Ruby close to her body. "This one seems nice."
I summoned my mace, and the Ruby struggled. "Besides, Star can always tell us."

~~~

I sat on the seat in the control room, holding Star's gem in a bubble. I gazed out the large window and looked out into space.

"Where are we?" I asked. Yellow was a very good navigator, most Pearl's were.

Yellow tapped the screen in front of me and went did a bunch of stuff I couldn't understand. "We're in the Andromeda galaxy, the closest one to Earth's galaxy, the Milkyway."

"Good, how long do you think it'll take to get to Earth?"

"About three hours, as fast as we're going," Yellow said. "There's... something I wanted to talk to you about... about Rhodonite."

"What about her? She's some crazy fusion who flinched whenever someone even slightly raises their voices at her. It's just Morganite that scared her a lot, I'm sure if they freakin' unfused for once-"

"You know she's going through a lot," Yellow cut me off. "She wasn't a Shimmer, but she did go through... a lot. I think maybe-"

"Shut up. I don't like her, I never did. Something about her makes me... uncomfortable," I said. "We never should've let her join us."

Yellow slammed her fist on the controls and stood up. "She's one of us!"

"She's not! She's a nobody! She acts like everything is okay, she acts like everyone we know isn't gone. SHIT! She never unfuses!"

"Does that even matter?!"

"It fucking does! Gems that never unfuse have problems with themselves! They just follow everyone else because they can't control the other feelings they have in their mind. Like Garnet! The fusion of Ruby and Sapphire! She ruined my life because Rose wouldn't heal my gem!"

"So? How would a Garnet help you out?"

"She would've at least helped me or something, instead of following that pink blobs orders! Rose just sees Garnet as a... A SLAVE! Just like how Malachite saw you!"

"I'M NOT A SLAVE!"

"YOU'RE A PEARL! GODAMN IT!"

"YOU'RE NO MORE THEN ME!"

"I WAS A GOD! I SAVED PINK DIAMOND'S LIFE FOR YEARS... but it was for nothing."

"So why do fusions have anything to with this?"

"They're... they're just..." I looked out the window, a the Milkyway. "I don't need a reason. Just like you don't need a reason to be so much bigger than an average Pearl."

I thought it was over after that, but I felt a hard kick in my side and I flung to the wall.

"Can a normal Pearl do that!" Yellow picked me up by my collar. I summoned my mace and used the handle to knock her legs down.

She fell and dropped me. I got up and ran to the other side and held my mace tight.

"But that's why Malachite... choose you," I said, my side stinging. I watched Yellow stand up, her eyes locked on mine.