14

"Fuse? I don't really want to," Lapis said as she landed on the ground. "The only gem I feel comfortable with fusing is Peridot."

"But Aventurine can't take down a giant fusion," Garnet said. "Are you going to fuse with us or not?"

Lapis shook her head. "I just don't... feel comfortable with fusing with so many different gems. You, Pearl, Amethyst, Opal, Sardonyx, Sugulite, Alexandrite..."

"Fine," Garnet said. "We had a problem fighting Malachite. And this fusion is bigger and stronger. We need more than just Alexandrite."

"Alexandrite? What about Critine?" Steven asked. "I wanna fight too."

"Steven, no. It's way too dangerous for you to go out there and fight this fusion. I know you want to help," Garnet said, bending down on one knee to get eye level with him. "But we can't have anything happen to you."

"Are we not going to try to talk to her again?" I asked.

"That plan failed," Peridot said, coming out of the open. She saw me glare at her and she flinched. "Well... She went in rage and started attacking everybody. I say we fight her and make all them unfuse. Making all the Shimmers come back."

"Like when we fought Malachite, she poofed and Lapis and Jasoer were fine," Amethyst said. "We can do the same."

I felt a raindrop on my head. It got heavier by the second as we all talked over the loud rain.

"It will stop raining soon," I whispered as everyone kept talking.

"Whose coming with me to see Pink Diamond's gem?" Garnet asked.

"No," Peridot said.

"Me too," Amethyst said.

"I'll stay here with Steven, Pearl, and Yellow," I said when Garnet looked at me.

"Fine. But at exactly 2:00 be at the temple. Except for Steven," Garnet said.

"Whose going to watch Steven?" Pearl asked as the rain died down. "He can't stay here by himself!"

"He'll stay here with Lapis, since she doesn't want to fight-"

"It's not that I don't want to fight! I just don't want to fuse with so many of you! I can't be an unbalanced fusion again!" Lapis snapped.

"Ok, ok. Are there any other gems we know?" I asked.

"We know you," Pearl said.

"Done force her into this fight," Lapis said. "It's not like she asked to come to Earth ither."

"She came here to see how Earth was doing! Of course she wanted to come here," Pearl said rolling her eyes and getting all defended. "She should fight with us!"

"It's not like she asked to be forced to fight all of her friends!" Lapis yelled. "I didn't come to Earth asking to become Malachite!"

"That doesn't matter! She's not a Homeworld gem anymore, is she? She's basically a Crystal Gem now," Pearl said.

"I'm still a Shimmer. And as you can tell, there are many of us left in the fusion," I said. "I'll think about it. But I'm definitely coming to see the fusion."

"You-"

Garnet stopped Pearl and stepped in front of her. "Well I'm going. Amethyst, follow me."

The walked back to the warp pad. I looked over at Yellow. "Are you fighting?"

Yellow shook her head and looked over at Steven, Pearl, and Lapis. I knew what she meant. I just nodded and we all started walking to the barn, a few miles away.