17

I remember when I first met Pink Diamond. She was nice and kind, sweet and small, like me. I made every possible good future I could for her, but I never knew that no matter what I did, she already messed up her own.

Ever sense Rose Quartz came...

"Seriously! Why can't I help?!" Steven said one last time before me, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, and Peridot left. "I mean Peridot is weaker than me!"

"Hey!" Peridot yelled.

Pearl sighed. "Lapis, make sure Steven doesn't leave your sight."

"I'll watch him like a hawk," Lapis mumbled. "Come on, Steven."

We all stepped on the warp pad and warped away.

"I'm glad you decided to join us, Lavender," Pearl said. "Where is Yellow? Did she bail out too?"

"Yeah..." I said. "Bailed out of Earth."

"What? She left Earth? Why?!" Amethyst cried.

"I don't know. It doesn't matter now," I said as we landed. The fusion was already moving, now climbing to the top of the mountain.

"This isn't good," Garnet said. "We need to hurry now."

"But first we need to talk to her! I don't want to go straight into fighting," I said. "My friends are in there. I haven't seen them in many years. I don't want my first hello after that long to be a huge battle."

"She has a point," Peridot said. "Maybe if they actually see Lavender this time, then maybe we don't need to fight."

"So what do we do?" Amethyst asked.

"I think I have an idea," Garnet said.

Grossular lifted me as high as she could, a few hundred feet from the fusion.

"We aren't close enough!" I called down to her.

She sighed and started walking, getting closer to the fusion towering before her.

"Th-this is as close as I'll get," Glossular said.

I sighed. "HEY!" I shouted. "DIAMOND! AGATE! HAZEL PEARL!" I shouted every gem I knew.

The fusion slowly turned towards me, looking at Glossular first and then me sitting in her huge hand. That eye... the one eye out of many other gems, I saw hers.

"A-Amber...?" I whispered.

The fusion screamed, stepping over the mountain and roaring with ten different mouths, all speaking at once, but it sounded like static.

"There's too many of them fused together!" I heard Peridot say in Glossular. "They seem very unstable. How about we make them unfuse with words instead of fists."

I nodded. Though I had no idea what to say, I haven't seen them in years. "Why are you still fused if you're all safe?!" I cried. "None of the Diamonds can hurt you anymore!"

They shook their head. Speaking, but none of us could understand.

"Why can't you just let go! You can't be this giant monster anymore!" I yelled.

"M-monster..." the fusion spoke, then jumped three hundred feet in the air and landed just yards away from Glossular.

"We need to fuse now!" I heard Garnet said in the fusion.

The fusion grabbed Glossular's right arm, making them drop me. I fell to the ground with a thud, but I was u harmed. I pulled myself up and watched them fight.

Glossular fell backwards and the fusion pick up a vehicle with an ice cream on top. An ice cream truck...

Suddenly, I heard a small voice.

"Guuuuys!"

"STEVEN NO!" I yelled, watching the fusion throw the truck at Glossular's head, bouncing off and landing on top of Steven.