11•Feelings

"You formed early."

I walked passed Yellow, ignoring her, looking for Rose Quartz. I wanted to see her, the one that ruined my life. "Where is she?" I spat out. "You're her Pearl!"

"I..." the Pearl said. "How did you surv-"

"I don't remember you," I said, looking at a small purple figure. "What kind of gem are you? Are you supposed to be small or are you a runt?"

The purple figure rolled her eyes. "Why did you even come here anyway? It's not like you're going to help us or anything."

"I came here to check on Earth- runt. I am a Shimmer, we were here during the war between Homeworld and the Crystal Gems. We got... kicked out. So we hide on Homeworld," I said.

"Why couldn't you just stay with the Crystal Gems?" The Lapis Lazuli asked.

"Because Shimmers don't like the fight. Well... they just didn't want to join the war. So they stayed out of it," I said. "Besides, I wasn't on anyone's side. Rose Quartz didn't want me in the Crystal Gems, and Homeworld would shatter me for killing Pink Diamond. I had no choice," I said, walking to the door of Rose's room. I realized there was a star, with four other gems placed on it. I walked into Rose's room once, and pretend to be another gem... I couldn't even remember who.

Amber.

"Have you seen an Amber?" I asked.

Yellow rolled her eyes.

"An Amber? I don't remember any Ambers," Lazuli said.

"Maybe you can check in Garnet's room," Steven said. "She has all the bubbled gems in there."

"So you're keeping Gems hostage?" I asked.

"No, we're keeping Gems safe," a voice said behind me.

I turned around, remembering the voice before, and before I even saw her I said. "Garnet."

"Purple Sapphire," she said.

"You look different," I said. "Did you break up?"

"I never break up," Garnet said, then walked to Steven. "I'm going to see if Blue Diamond is still in the ocean."

"Blue Diamond? Why is Blue Diamond here?" I asked. "She should be on Homeworld planning an attack on you."

"She's here because she tried to attack us a few weeks ago," Pearl said. "We knocked her ship down, and it landed in the ocean."

"You shouldn't go alone, Garnet. What if you do see Blue Diamond and she gets you," Amethyst said.

"No," Garnet said. "But you're right. I need to be strong," then she turned to Pearl. "And careful."

"Giant women!" Steven shouted.

"Sardonyx? How would Sardonyx help you?" I said, catching everyone's attention. "You don't need a Pearl to help you, you need a water gem- like that Lapis Lazuli!"

Lapis looked at Garnet. "I'm not in the mood for fusing," Lapis hissed, looking away.

I walked out of the temple, annoyed and walked on the beach.

"Where are you going?!" Steven called from the porch.

"I'm going to check how Earth is doing. Here is doesn't seem so great," I finally got off the beach, and headed towards where the Shimmers used to be, across the land. I ran as fast as I could, knowing it was far away.

The mountain that used to be between the Shimmers and the Crystal Gems were gone, now replaced with something the creatures that live here made.

"Purple Sapphire wait!" Steven called, chasing after me.